New Frogspawn!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mandown123

Aquarium Advice Freak
I was at work today and I was looking at corals and I said gee I want a frogspawn. My buddy picked me up he needed something from the pet store and lo and behold they had a frogspawn in.

Attachments

• DSC01938.jpg
    DSC01938.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 77
  • DSC01929.jpg
    DSC01929.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 80
thanks i had to have it. i think he took me for a little loop, it was 40 for that piece, but its not exactly a tiny frag either so im okay with it.

this coral is so confusing looking, is the hard rock branch actually part of the coral or just where the buds have encrusted? are the 4 colonies seperate or part of the same entity? its so cool and weird i love this thing.

I'm not 100% sure, but that the "hard rock branch" part is the skeleton made of calcium and it will continue to grow and it is actually part of the coral. The other part, I believe that you have 4-heads making up one entity. Looks nice. I don't have a frogspawn, but I do have a Torch and a Hammer coral which are similar.

Just so you can see what it will look like down the road. Here is mine Mandown when I first got it and what it looks like now.

000_0035.JPG

100_1574.jpg

thats awesome melosu. i hope mine does well.. it has free reign over the whole tank to grow lol. I have literally 4 zoo polyps i fragged and a frilly (?) mushroom and thats it.. GO FROGGY GO

oh... since that skeleton is a growing part of it, i kinda just jammed it as best i could into a hole in the rock.. maybe i should glue it down or move it to where the skele has room to grow? or is it good just jammed in where i put it

wow, $40. I sell them locally for $5 a head. Most people in my area have more than they want though.

They are a nice coral and do get big so give it some room :)

Back
Top Bottom