New Fungia Coral! :D

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mitchell0605

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hey Guys,
Today while picking up a new light (old one blew out) I was perusing my LFS corals and found this beauty. He's an orange Fungia, 2 inches in diameter and going great. Only got pics of him just after being placed into the tank so there's no tentacles yet but I'll get a pic of that later. Anyway for $20AUD I had to have him. (There was a Red Eyed and Grey Chalice Coral there that also tempted me. And another nice little Fungia. Those were both $20AUD too. ;)) My LFS is getting really nice corals in ATM. I hope it lasts! :D Any here are the pics:
P1030053.jpg

P1030054.jpg

Thanks everyone. I'm really happy with him. He had his feeders out all night and they're still out this morning. He seems to be healthy and happy. :)

Somebody tell me what and how you feed them. I think not knowing they need supplemental feeding was the reason I lost mine when I first started my tank and knew much of nothing.

Will it actually pass food from tentacle to tentacle to the mouth in the middle of the disk?

It will indeed Ray. Mine caught two brine shrimp at feeding time today and did that exactly. :) I don't supplement feed mine unless it hasn't gotton food for a few days. :)

As for what, meaty foods like mysis, enriched brine, the usual stuff, is all readily accepted. :)

I just make sure mine gets mysis once in a while (mine get fed about as often as the fish do, my boyfriend really enjoys watching them eat, so he babies them). They will latch on with the tentacles and drag it into their mouths. Coolest thing to watch. I've had excellent luck with plates, so maybe that's part of it.

I feed mine brine and mysis when the fish eat frozen food (about twice a week). I do it mainly because I like watching it eat. :) Same with all my corals that have mouths....most of them don't have to be fed meaty foods, but its fun to watch!

We need more pics, Mitch! :D

Back
Top Bottom