New fw puffers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fluff

Aquarium Advice Addict
Well, I had to do it. Picked up three of these guys (3/10.99). I've been considering them for some time. They are very skittish, hope they calm down. I finally got them to eat today. They are in a tank chock full of hitchhiker snails as well as ghost shrimp but they don't seem interested. The lfs was feeding them live black worms so that's what I'm doing. Here is the only clear pic I could get of one. They are neat. :D

I have a South American puffer and I think it is one of the most interesting fish I have. It gets along great with the other fish in the tank, including angelfish, and I haven't seen any signs of aggression towards the other fish except for the first day I had it.

That is a great new aquisition!!!!!! (y)
I'd love to try them someday, but I have not yet found them anywhere.

The way I turned mine around was to feed live adult brine - after that they accepted whatever I put in the tank, and no snail was safe, even the large mystery snail that they pestered and pestered until I removed it. Great pic of these cool little fellows. You gotta love those little faces :D

I bought two Dwarf puffers and they are awsome how many could I put in a 10 gallon. One is kind of agressive to the blue gourami. But I would like to add some more of them. THey had around 50 when I went in Monday then Friday went and bought my fish they had around 20. I would like a few more for 2.49. liveaquaria.com has them for 7.49 :( plus shipping

Tchnically you could have 4-5 in a 10gal, but I would not put other fish in with them. They can be extraordinarily nasty. I have kept them with tiger barbs, though, but they are too large and active for a 10gal.

Back
Top Bottom