New German Blue Rams ***Pics now available***

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
it bite none, no indication, they even were eating. i guess that article that JC sent you is right. about they are making the a weak species.

Wow zilla, both males huh? I found that article during my search to discover why only the Gold and Blue Rams have a high mortality rate when introduced to the home aquarium.

I'm thinking of starting a German Blue Ram thread similar to the Discus thread.

Rams are known by some for undergoing respiratory stress once introduced in to a new tank or during shipment.

This is what I am most worried about. They seem to be breathing faster than the other fish, but I cant tell really if it is normal for them or not. I don't have a lot of hope now that you have had yours for almost two weeks, and they seemed fine up until their death. I guess I just have to wait and see. :?

I'm so sorry to here of your recent loss.
I must admit i was worried about mine when i got them as they were breathing at a much higher rate than my other fish.
However i moved the spray bar for my tank so that i was getting maximum water agitation and all seemed to settle down after a day or tow.

Ahh stunning fish the Ram. They took a about a week to settle in. In all fairness are still growing in confidence, with their other tank mates. Their colours came back after a day or two and are now back to their stunning beauty.
Mine too split up and remained that way for around a week and a bit. Although now they seem to tolerate each other and even swim together for very short periods. Before the male gets tired of the female and chases her around for a bit.

Lovely fish and i'm so glad i got them. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom