New gourami

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mebbid

Aquarium Advice Addict
Got a new blue gourami yesterday. I was a little iffy on him while he was in the store, but he has colored up very nicely since then. I'm actually really impressed with how nice he looks so I thought he should be shared :D

ccaLsuv.jpg

Got a new blue gourami yesterday. I was a little iffy on him while he was in the store, but he has colored up very nicely since then. I'm actually really impressed with how nice he looks so I thought he should be shared :D

ccaLsuv.jpg

I'm a sucker for Gouramis! Beautiful guy you got there, he looks nice and happy! Big ol guy.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I'm a sucker for Gouramis! Beautiful guy you got there, he looks nice and happy! Big ol guy.

It's funny watching him go around and feel everything with his fins, my last gourami never did that. This guy is about 3 inches long at the moment, I can't wait until he hits max size.

It's funny watching him go around and feel everything with his fins, my last gourami never did that. This guy is about 3 inches long at the moment, I can't wait until he hits max size.

Yeah I have an almost full grown Opaline and he does the same thing! It's sorta funny to watch him, he's very curious about the going-ons inside and outside the tank.

I love gouramis, what a nice one too!

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

I've got a 7 inch Snakeskin. Not as bright as the blue when she colors up but still looks great when she shows her stripes.

I have 2 honey gourami (which are smaller). They are the best they act like brother and sister. I think they are never going to spawn. They are much less aggressive than my last gourami.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Foxygrandpa what kind of Gourami was it?

Male 3 Spot Gouramis can become aggressive. Some are perfect citizens. Keep an eye on them. Females are even known for it at times.

Blues are of course a color variety of 3 Spot.

Smoke Signals Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Yeah, I had a powderblue gourami and he was a jerk to the flame gourami. When she died we called him Sid Vicious. RIP

Attachments

• 1420231710463.jpg
    1420231710463.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 87
That's because you had 2 males. Same species. DGs tend to fight each other, esp in smaller tanks.

A few have DGs get along, most have weaker ones killed or bullied into starvation.

No Iam certain I had a male and a female. They were both in a 55g. He was just jerk to everyone esp her. My 2 honey gourami (1 male, 1 female) get along very well. I think that's just because they are honey's.

Coursair I was very hesitant to purchase any more gourami at first. But they are so beautiful so I did a huge amount of research and found out about the honey gourami. By luck I found some young honey 's at my lfs and purchased 2. These guys are buddies it's so funny.

Honey Gs are such nice fish. I saw a pair in full breeding colors once. The male was spectacular. But the store would not sell them. They were display only and they were hoping they'd breed.

My honey's start to change in color, they do a spawning dance, build a bubble nest, and then....nothing.

Back
Top Bottom