New killies!! (pics)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Billsgate

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have a real guppy pest in my 18.5 gal tank...
...so I went to my lfs, and asked for a fish that will diminish my guppy population.
The owner suggested some fish, but I stopped him when we got to a tank with killies. They were good as well he said. So I took home some Aplocheilus lineatus.

They have been in the tank for a couple of hours now, and I've seen the male (I think the goldish one is the male) go for a little guppy a couple of times. He hangs perfectly still, and then when a little guppy swims past, he shoots forward so fast I have to look for him again between my plants (my eyes can't follow his speed!)

Here's some pics:

img_435294_0_9088bcde2e0623e9f51cd7181fc4847f.jpg

img_435294_1_7acbd736b51549f317a0032471599593.jpg

Oops.....anyone else have this problem??

They're doing fine btw....coloured up brighter then in the pics, and chasing little guppy fry, and hitting eachother with the lower part of the body (dunno what that means, but I can already guess....) :D

Toirtis said:
Very nice...especially the upside-down ones. :wink:

Oh, so you noticed huh? :D
Thought I'd see if I could mess with your heads thinking that there are four fish in each pic :p

I saw a fly in my room.....I caught it......I tossed it in my tank.....and the second it touched the surface it was gone, into the female's (less golden coloured) mouth. 8O

I like these fish!! (y)

Jchillin said:
Unfortunately...due to circumstances beyond my control...I cannot view your pics (blasted url filters...grrrr). I will take a look when I get home.

The IPO folks feel that any pic storage website is a potential for lawsuits. :twisted:

So, I reach home and now I see what you've done. Very nice fish Thomas! Since Toirtis already mentioned how nice the upside down killies look with the right-side up ones, I won't need to add anything to that. LOL.

It's late and I read the topic as "New Kittens" :( The fish are nice, but I was hoping for something fuzzy.

Menagerie said:
It's late and I read the topic as "New Kittens" :( The fish are nice, but I was hoping for something fuzzy.

Aaaw, poor thing :D :twisted:
But glad everyone likes my new fish.......I mean....who would ever dislike any of the fish other people get?
True, ain't it? :p

Back
Top Bottom