Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > New Acquisitions
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 09-25-2003, 08:24 PM   #1
yv1
Aquarium Advice Activist

new killifish

i bought another killifish couple today...
this is my original couple living in a 5 gal

the new couple...they want out of the bag...

this is them coupling, sorry for the blurry pic but you can see the males fin over the females body...

i also got one of these guys....dont know if he will eat algae but at least he looks cool :P

Old 09-25-2003, 08:27 PM   #2
yv1
Aquarium Advice Activist

hmm last picture didint work...

here..

[/img]

Old 09-29-2003, 08:11 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Activist

nice!

killifish are so pretty! did you get them at your LFS? because mine never has any.
i have no idea what that speckled, algae eater looking thing is either, but he's cool. is he eating algae? you should post and ask what it is.
Old 12-17-2003, 09:33 PM   #4
yv1
Aquarium Advice Activist

oops sorry for this late late reply but yes i got them at my lfs, they breed killies, guppies, cichlids, angelfish, and have a huge selection of plants. and the bottom guy is a hillstream loach, and yeah hes actually eating algae off the glass!
Old 12-17-2003, 10:26 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict

LOL I was wondering if you knew he was a hillstream loach; I see em listed as butterfly plecs at the lfs and it drives me nuts. He's an unusual one as well; if you haven't stopped off at www.loaches.com to get some info on em I strongly suggest it

beautiful killies

*glares at Terry and QTOFFER*

Card carrying member of FTAS & GCAS.
Allivymar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2003, 11:17 AM   #6
AA Team Emeritus

I just picked up a couple of Pseudogastromyzon cheni, one of the Hillstream Loaches at my local PetSmart. I don't usually buy my fish from the 'chain' pet shops but I do haunt them when they receive new fish because they often get in weird fish that are mis-labeled and you can occasionally get a great deal on an unusual fish.

The Hillstream Loaches came in with a bunch of Chinese Algae Eaters and none of the PetSmart people knew what they were. They finally decided that they were 'Lizard Catfish' and sold them to me for $3.99 each. Try as I might, I couldn't convince the sales people that they weren't catfish! These are the same people that sold me my Bamboo Shrimp for $1.99 each, having them labeled as 'Crayfish'.
Old 12-31-2003, 05:39 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice Freak

Send a message via Yahoo to Punkymom
I saw some killifish for the first time at PetSmart the other day...weren't very colorful though...yours are very pretty.
Old 12-31-2003, 06:42 PM   #8
yv1
Aquarium Advice Activist

thanks, yeah they are getting bigger than i anticipated too! no eggs yet, i don't have the right conditions for them to spawn...

my LFS Ocean Aquarium here in SF, has sooooo many types of killies and cichilds, and guppies......

best store in the entire bay area!

Tags
killifish

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com