Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > New Acquisitions
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
 
Old 12-30-2014, 11:24 PM   #21
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Bichir Bro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 1,773
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delapool View Post
Must admit I like see Malaysian trumpet snails pop up in the aquarium

Yeah, it is a nice little surprise. From this guy anyway.


Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice
__________________

__________________
Bichir Bro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2014, 07:34 AM   #22
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
J.Mcpeak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Normally, In A Tank!
Posts: 1,685
'Tis the season for a Loricariidae
tra la la la laaaaa
La laaaaa laaaaa laaaaa!

Nice fish.
(Just invested in a pair of plecs myself, one was a lucky find)
__________________

__________________
https://www.flickr.com/photos/928918...7632686866609/
FW-750L DIY, 120L, 2x110L(not my)DIY. BW-60L DIY. Sw (nearly!)(http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...se-284360.html)
^almost a DIY Fish House^ https://m.youtube.com/user/4tanks2day (L=litre)
J.Mcpeak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2014, 12:35 PM   #23
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Bichir Bro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 1,773
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Mcpeak View Post
'Tis the season for a Loricariidae
tra la la la laaaaa
La laaaaa laaaaa laaaaa!

Nice fish.
(Just invested in a pair of plecs myself, one was a lucky find)

Haha thanks J.!


Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice
__________________
Bichir Bro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2014, 09:36 PM   #24
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
bettaowner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Hawaii
Posts: 5,981
Dang that's a really cool fish. I want to find a cool pleco for my 55. Most stores here sell regular bristlenose plecos or common plecos. I don't really like clown plecos to be honest. I'm hoping to go to the lfs that I used to work at and see what they have. They used to have red, albino longfin, and blue eye bristlenose plecos plus they would bring in sternellas.
__________________
Rule number one: Always research a fish before you buy it.

Rule number two: Always cycle your tank.
bettaowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2014, 11:06 PM   #25
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Bichir Bro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 1,773
Quote:
Originally Posted by bettaowner View Post
Dang that's a really cool fish. I want to find a cool pleco for my 55. Most stores here sell regular bristlenose plecos or common plecos. I don't really like clown plecos to be honest. I'm hoping to go to the lfs that I used to work at and see what they have. They used to have red, albino longfin, and blue eye bristlenose plecos plus they would bring in sternellas.

Sweet! Yeah he was a lucky find the more I read and hear about em!
I feel bad for him though, his favorite cave that he dug himself will probably get destroyed by me in my attempts to clean all his friggin poop!


Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice
__________________
Bichir Bro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 11:51 PM   #26
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Bichir Bro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 1,773
New L-204!

Here's a small little update, his caudal fin is awesome! Love the forking to it.
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1420343333.535830.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	24.2 KB
ID:	259895
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1420343386.106650.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	26.1 KB
ID:	259896
And then my favorite pic of him:
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1420343461.032141.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	25.0 KB
ID:	259898


Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice
__________________
Bichir Bro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 12:09 AM   #27
AA Member
Community Moderator
 
Delapool's Avatar



POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Perth, Australia
Posts: 13,583
Gee that's nice. How big do these get? Kind of tempted to keep an eye out for them now....
__________________
Delapool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 12:21 AM   #28
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Bichir Bro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 1,773
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delapool View Post
Gee that's nice. How big do these get? Kind of tempted to keep an eye out for them now....

Every where I saw said 4" max. If you've got a lot of wood and want a really sweet decorative Pleco I say go for it!
Once mine got comfortable he started coming out way more. Don't know if it's just mine but I'm really surprised, he's out a ton during the photoperiod and goes to town on the wood. Not just sorta stationary for hours on end then moving three inches lol.


Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice
__________________
Bichir Bro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 05:50 AM   #29
AA Member
Community Moderator
 
Delapool's Avatar



POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Perth, Australia
Posts: 13,583
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bichir Bro View Post
Every where I saw said 4" max. If you've got a lot of wood and want a really sweet decorative Pleco I say go for it!
Once mine got comfortable he started coming out way more. Don't know if it's just mine but I'm really surprised, he's out a ton during the photoperiod and goes to town on the wood. Not just sorta stationary for hours on end then moving three inches lol.


Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Hmm, tempting. I've got heaps of wood in but unfortunately got the real estate occupied by bn catfish with baby fry. I see the babies are getting big but catching them....

Once they start coming out more though I'm going to see if I can sell them.
__________________
Delapool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 02:43 PM   #30
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Bichir Bro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 1,773
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delapool View Post
Hmm, tempting. I've got heaps of wood in but unfortunately got the real estate occupied by bn catfish with baby fry. I see the babies are getting big but catching them....

Once they start coming out more though I'm going to see if I can sell them.

Yeah, this guy creates enough poop on his own! People would probably think you've got brown sand with all them Plecos lol.


Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice
__________________

__________________
Bichir Bro is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
just got a new fluval 204 help with media 875mill General Hardware/Equipment Discussion 23 01-22-2006 12:08 PM
Fluval 204 Question.. joedarat General Hardware/Equipment Discussion 3 09-29-2004 10:30 AM
Fluval 204 or AC200? jlindseyjr General Hardware/Equipment Discussion 4 01-18-2004 11:25 PM
Fluval 204 Problem jbrown03 General Hardware/Equipment Discussion 9 11-29-2003 09:04 PM
Fluval 204 nguyen27 General Hardware/Equipment Discussion 2 11-18-2003 11:13 AM







» Photo Contest Winners








Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:19 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.