New leather coral

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This new coral had two long white tentacles that are 7 or 8 inches long. They each have one main vein and then lots of smaller tentacles coming off it. He lets them float around freely in the water and then sucks then up to his body. Is this normal for these corals?

I tried. It's really hard to see. I can't see it when the lights are on (or they weren't out). These are taken with my moonlight LED's.

image-3791705998.jpg

If you look closely, the white string comes off the cap and then goes toward the heater. It's really blurry. It looks good on video but couldn't get a good photo. On the second photo, I got a photo off the white part as he's sucking it back in. It's bunched up to the left coming up toward the top.

image-1428938771.jpg

Here are some better photos. Hope this helps. Is this dangerous?

image-4176983521.jpg

image-1797321369.jpg

image-1516495854.jpg

I placed him what I thought was a good distance away from my other corals. It can almost reach my button polyp colony. Now that the actinic lights came on, it's gone.

It's possible that it's a type of worm that took residence right underneath the toadstool's cap. I've seen long tentacle leathers like toadstools but I don't think it's tentacles or pins reaches more than a few inches. (I could be wrong but just haven't seen one yet) maybe just keep an eye on it until its properly identified

Back
Top Bottom