New life spectrum

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

xander

Aquarium Advice Freak
I just ordered some NLS Thera A from Amore Pet Shop. I think I found a good price. Small pellet 150g was $7.99. Both Jumbo and Medium 300g were $11.99. Shipping was $9.99. If there is a better deal out there please share.

I posted this elsewhere but o got no response.

Shame you got no response... Never seen NLS anywhere though, so I can't say for sure that there's a better deal out there. It's always been really pricey, and that's what's kept me from getting it. :-\

I just ordered some NLS Thera A from Amore Pet Shop. I think I found a good price. Small pellet 150g was $7.99. Both Jumbo and Medium 300g were $11.99. Shipping was $9.99. If there is a better deal out there please share.

I posted this elsewhere but o got no response.

Yes you got a good price for the NLS. Even the shipping wasn't to bad.

Yeah, thats not a bad price. I get mine from aquacave for $9.95 with $4.95 shipping so its not much better. Some people get the 5lb buckets from ebay.

I just looked at aquacave again and their 300g Thera A for large fish was 16.95. Cheaper than petco at almost $20 but $5 more than Amore. I'm starting to think I found the best deal out there short of buying buckets.

Yea, I can't see buying NLS in bulk, but I guess I don't have as many mouths to feed as some people. :)

The smallest jars I got at Petco for 7.99 each and with a 26gal and a 5gal, they'll last me a good 2-3 months.

(I got the Thera-A 1.0mm for my GBRs and Black Neons and the 0.5mm for my danios as well as the Endler's in my 5gal)

It is much cheaper to buy it in bulk, and the extra can wait patiently in the freezer to be used. The bucket is also very useful.

I followed the crowd and also ordered some from Ebay, I think I paid close to the same(actually maybe $1 or $2 more with shipping). Ive got everything except the fish, but that is about to change Im cycled and ready FINALLY :)

I've been looking for the community formula, all I was able to find near me was bottom feeder pellets and cichlids pellets and marine pellets, I've been feeding my fish the sinking ones, but am looking for the semi-sinking pellets. My Tiger barbs dont eat them once they hit the bottom.

The semi-sinking are barely different from the regular sinking IME.

They should learn to follow the food. How long have you been feeding the regular?

If you gently and carefully place the thera-A on the surface of the water a few bits at a time, it usually won't sink right away. Takes longer, but the fish are more likely to eat it. It also sinks a lot slower if it sits on the surface a few seconds.

Back
Top Bottom