New Lights for my 36BF

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fltcrew21

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have been looking for better lighting for my 36g bow front. It came with a single 17w T8 full spectrum fluorescent bulb.

I did not want to rework my top so I went to look for a better bulb. I went to Home Depot just because I pass by there on my way to the pet store and came out with a T8 6500k bulb..... it was cheap and I just wanted to try it.

Anyway, I go to the pet store where my tank came from and they have a dual T5 light that is made to fit my Aqueon 36BF (and others as it is adjustable).

One bulb is a 6700k Daylight and the other is an Aqueon Colormax. They are 18w each so even though serious planted tank guys will scoff at this, I more than doubled my watts and increased my spectrum of light. (y)

When I switched it on, I literally couldn't believe my eyes. I am so excited and can't wait to show my 8yo daughter (its really her tank I swear!!) when she gets home.

:popcorn:

Before and After

These before and after pictures are not really fair although they do make my new lights look even better in comparison.

The old lights picture was taken last week during the day and the new light picture was taken tonight with the area lights off.

Still, in all honesty they look 10X better IMO.

:dance:

Attachments

• DSC00965.jpg
    DSC00965.jpg
    246.8 KB · Views: 62
  • DSC_0520.jpg
    DSC_0520.jpg
    244.4 KB · Views: 52
Back
Top Bottom