new little black skirt

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

awilson133

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I just got him today so I can have a school of 6! hes the one above the other black skirt.

ForumRunner_20120225_153422.jpg

I also got a moss ball for my planted tank!

ForumRunner_20120225_153641.jpg

Starka said:
Cool! That's one of the few I've seen that hasn't ripped fins. Nice!

thanks! I know most ive seen in big box store tanks are usually ripped. all mine have nice fins. I got two from a friend a 4 from a small local store. they always have nice quality fish.

Do they rip their fins or other fish? Those are pretty.

Ok. My LFS had some small ones. I cant have fin nippers though.

GodFan said:
Do they rip their fins or other fish? Those are pretty.

Most of the ones I've seen in lfs, I think that there was something wrong, like fin rot or something. Though these guys can be nippers, too.

Congratulations! You will enjoy the school. I had 8 at one time (both white skirt and black skirt) I love them! From the front just after feeding they look like birds! Adorable! I inherited a betta and wanted her to be able to swim, so I re-homed my skirts in the off chance they might have nipped her. Since they were so busy chasing eachother they probably wouldn't have noticed her, but, I didn't want to risk it.
Enjoy them!!!

thanks! doin great so far. happy and healthy. just planning a rescape right now.

Back
Top Bottom