New Loaches

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FamilyFish3

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
We finally decided on some bottom feeders for our 60gal. I love the Botia loaches and so far we have found two Angelicus and one Golden Zebra. They are not easily found at our LFS in VA. I got a couple good pics today...1st is the smaller of the Angelicus. Looking for more to have at least five.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    229.1 KB · Views: 79
2nd Pic

Couldn't get my phone to add two photos at once. Her is the Golden Zebra...they look so similar when juvenile, but he definitely has a more golden hue.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    252.1 KB · Views: 76
Botia Histronica = Golden Zebra
Botia Kubotai = Angelicus
I've found loaches.com to be a wealth of info. The Angelicus will develop silver spots within its darker bands.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1403609400.578520.jpg
This is the larger Angelicus. He's hard to photograph and loves a particular crevice in the driftwood.

I've kept the angelicus botia before. I like that species because it's peaceful and overall a really nice fish.

I have a group of kubotai in my 220 now, they get better looking as they grow. Seldom see the golden zebras, and then usually it's a single that was mixed with a shipment of others. Check aquabid, there are several current listings for kubotai there.

Back
Top Bottom