New Member Here Possible Advanced Bundle Right Off The Bat?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

claud_face

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi guys,

Started digging into the forums and finally registered.

Am super busy so in time I will learn more on how to properly set up/ maintain an aquarium.

However, I would like to purchase all that is required for an aquarium shortly.

That being said I prefer good quality parts (Not that money is not an issue but I've learned its typically the way to go)

I've read through threads that explain what is needed in a tank. Of course there are different variables for fish, salt or fresh, etc...

I was wondering if there are any good places that I could purchase all/ most of the equipment at once as a bundle?

I feel there are a lot of different parts to purchase as well as different manufacturers and the more I dig into it the more I start getting indecisive on which brand to get/ parts to buy.

I'd love there to be a solid, good quality bundle I could purchase from the get go.

If anyone can steer me in the right directions I'd greatly appreciate it. If not, I'll be slowly reading more and more through the forums and it will be just a mater of time.

I am also finishing a remodel in an apartment and I definitely need the tank to finish up the remodel because I will have the tank between two rooms with upper and lower cabinets as well.

The tank size I need is a 48 x 24 x 24. I think I would prefer glass for the fact that it does not scratch as easily.

I see lots of info here and am excited to get into it. Wish I had more time in my life, but thats just part of the deal.

Thanks guys!!!!

Welcome, and there's is a lot going on here on AA with various builds,I hope you got to read some of them.
I was just wondering if this is your first tank? It seems to be a large tank in question, 110-125gal? Because it will be a new set up rite?
And it will take up some of your time too, and I'm not sure of your experience level if its a first tank?

This will look great between the walls!!! Take some time..I know you don't have a lot of, and most of all your going to get a lot of advise on this forum as we speak, if you want it you will get help from people here.
As for the equipment side of things the list is endless as to what system you want to build for, fresh or salt. If you want a bundle deal, your lfs, or even major chain pet stores but only you know where your going to buy, online is good too. I think we need to hear a bit more about your plans , set up , and equipment choices.

Good luck and keep us posted of your build.!!![emoji1]

Clem

Typically bundles are of lesser quality so I'd avoid anything like that. You could hire someone to piece together your setup I'm sure. If you come up with specifics if wants and needs for your home aquarium we could all make suggestions, you'll get options mixed in ofcourse. Brand loyalty and all..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Hi guys,

Started digging into the forums and finally registered.

Am super busy so in time I will learn more on how to properly set up/ maintain an aquarium.

However, I would like to purchase all that is required for an aquarium shortly.

That being said I prefer good quality parts (Not that money is not an issue but I've learned its typically the way to go)

I've read through threads that explain what is needed in a tank. Of course there are different variables for fish, salt or fresh, etc...

I was wondering if there are any good places that I could purchase all/ most of the equipment at once as a bundle?

I feel there are a lot of different parts to purchase as well as different manufacturers and the more I dig into it the more I start getting indecisive on which brand to get/ parts to buy.

I'd love there to be a solid, good quality bundle I could purchase from the get go.

If anyone can steer me in the right directions I'd greatly appreciate it. If not, I'll be slowly reading more and more through the forums and it will be just a mater of time.

Not many bundles are of good quality, unfortunately. Companies do this mostly to make the cost effective, but in the end most informed consumers end up replacing a large portion of the equipment. Check with your LFS and see if they can put together a bundle and give you a price break if you buy it all at once from them. If they give you the equipment list ahead of time, check in here for opinions and feedback. You can always check online pricing too, to make sure you're getting a fair deal. Make sure you include taxes and shipping for a fair comparison. Even if you LFS is slightly higher, it might be worth the few extra bucks in the long run.

I am also finishing a remodel in an apartment and I definitely need the tank to finish up the remodel because I will have the tank between two rooms with upper and lower cabinets as well.

The tank size I need is a 48 x 24 x 24. I think I would prefer glass for the fact that it does not scratch as easily.
49x25x26 is the closest standard aquarium size, which is 120 gallons. Someone might make a tank to your specs, but you'll have to search for it. might need to tweak your remodel.
I see lots of info here and am excited to get into it. Wish I had more time in my life, but thats just part of the deal.

Thanks guys!!!!
Aquariums take time. Not a ton, but enough that you need to set time aside. Its a great enjoyment in the evening after work, sitting on the couch, but you need to keep it up. I hope you can find the balance and enjoy your new tank.

Back
Top Bottom