New Nano Fish!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

absolutangel04

Daphnia are People Too.
I am so happy! I got my new nano fish today!
I now have clown killis and habrosus cories. I took some awful pictures to share! Hopefully I will get some better ones later. :)
EDIT: Lol, ignore the last one. I clicked the wrong icon while uploading.

Attachments

• P2090065.jpg
    P2090065.jpg
    144.4 KB · Views: 147
  • P2090076.jpg
    P2090076.jpg
    129.8 KB · Views: 138
  • P2090061.jpg
    P2090061.jpg
    162.9 KB · Views: 149
  • P2090073.jpg
    P2090073.jpg
    179.6 KB · Views: 142
Thanks. :) I am pretty excited. They are all still acclimating so I don't want to take more pictures right now, but its really hard to exertt my self control! They are soooooooo tiny! The clown killis aren't even half an inch.

I got 7 of each. That gives me a little room in case 1 or 2 don't make it. Yes, its for the 10g. They are so small they actually make my ember tetras look big! Lol.

absolutangel04 said:
I got 7 of each. That gives me a little room in case 1 or 2 don't make it. Yes, its for the 10g. They are so small they actually make my ember tetras look big! Lol.

Lol!! That is awesome, this will be such a cool nano.

Are you planting? You should some big anubias, and the little corys will rest on its leaves lol

I actually just got some Anubias nana yesterday. I also have a little java fern in there and a baby Argentine sword and some other random plant I don't know the name of. I would like to add more plants, but that was the best I could find at the time. I am on the look-out for a couple other things too. :)
I have a clay pot in there, and I added some smaller ones for cory caves, but the corys look so tiny next the the pots I got that I think they will probably prefer to hide under the plants right now.

absolutangel04 said:
I actually just got some Anubias nana yesterday. I also have a little java fern in there and a baby Argentine sword and some other random plant I don't know the name of. I would like to add more plants, but that was the best I could find at the time. I am on the look-out for a couple other things too. :)
I have a clay pot in there, and I added some smaller ones for cory caves, but the corys look so tiny next the the pots I got that I think they will probably prefer to hide under the plants right now.

Sounds very good! Some river rocks would look great, as well as maybe some moss and a floating plant like water lettuce? I think it would be so cool making your nano tank look like a river! JMO:)

Yeah, I would like a floating plant. I tried duckweed, but it just all got clogged in my filter. I am on the look-out for a cheap floating plant. :)
I should take some pictures of the tank when it doesn't have bags floating in it. Lol.

absolutangel04 said:
Yeah, I would like a floating plant. I tried duckweed, but it just all got clogged in my filter. I am on the look-out for a cheap floating plant. :)
I should take some pictures of the tank when it doesn't have bags floating in it. Lol.

I have tons of hornwort, and it looks pretty goof and grows quickly. I can see how duckweed would do that!!

Lol yup! Ill be expecting the FTS around 4:30!!

Oh no, I missed my deadline Gboy! But, the tank looks better with the lights on, so I can get a shot tomorrow when I turn my lights one again for the little guys. :)

I also got 2 dwarf flag cichlids (L. curviceps), but they are not for this tank and the pictures I have managed to get of them so far are even less discernible than the last picture I posted. Lol.
Hopefully they cooperate more tomorrow though. :)

absolutangel04 said:
Oh no, I missed my deadline Gboy! But, the tank looks better with the lights on, so I can get a shot tomorrow when I turn my lights one again for the little guys. :)

I also got 2 dwarf flag cichlids (L. curviceps), but they are not for this tank and the pictures I have managed to get of them so far are even less discernible than the last picture I posted. Lol.
Hopefully they cooperate more tomorrow though. :)

Lol!! You kept me waiting!

Very cool, flags are awesome. What tank are they for?

Its a 40g tall and I have 3 angels plus a bunch of other stuff. 3 angels normally don't get along, but mine do. :)

absolutangel04 said:
Its a 40g tall and I have 3 angels plus a bunch of other stuff. 3 angels normally don't get along, but mine do. :)

Very cool! Thanks for the info

I have to say that the habrosus corys are active little buggers! They flit around a lot more than my bigger cories do. They seem to have a game of tag going at the moment. I was afraid they would be a bit shy, but NOPE!

Here are some more shots. Those are my embers, a full tank shot (I still need more plants!), and a photo-bombing oto who swam in front of the cories.

Attachments

• P2100080.jpg
    P2100080.jpg
    189.2 KB · Views: 96
  • P2100088.jpg
    P2100088.jpg
    213 KB · Views: 96
  • P2100093.jpg
    P2100093.jpg
    243.4 KB · Views: 118
One more clown killifish. Sorry its blurry. These guys don't want to sit still for the camera!

Attachments

• P2100086.jpg
    P2100086.jpg
    127.8 KB · Views: 104
Back
Top Bottom