New otocinclus!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Billsgate

Aquarium Advice Addict
Finally found some otocinclus! Couldn't pass up on them. They were 3$ Each, I bought 3. They're doing great so far, and I hope they make it. They've been in qt for 2 weeks at the lfs, so should be okey. I'll try to post pics later!!! :D

I have been trying to get more otos from my lfs, but they seem to sell out as soon as the shipment comes in. My lady is getting lonely. :(

Ok, here are some pics, they are hard to photograph!!! So sorry for the bad quality. :?

Attachments

• oto_upload.jpg
    oto_upload.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 136
  • oto_upload_2.jpg
    oto_upload_2.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 1,141
I like these fishies so much that I went back to the lfs and bought 2 more! So now I have 5 :D
Next week I'm redoing my two tanks. I'm returning all of my fish to the lfs, I don't need any store credit for them, and I called and they told me that they will take them back. I'm keeping my 2 keyhole cichlids and my 5 otos, and maybe 1 albino bristlenose pleco and the female betta. Then I have space to breed my keyhole cichlids properly. I do feel a wee bit stupid for buying an angelfish a month ago...returning him as well. Ah well, I'm an impulsive buyer, but the otos are staying :)

Thanks Meredith! :D

I hope you find some more soon! :wink: They're great little fish.
Soon I'll have a whole 18.5gallon for them to live in :D Specie tank!
And I'll also be using that tank to raise some keyhole cichlid fry, once they are big enough to be safe without mom and dad. :wink:

two otos annihilated the brown algae in my 20 in 5 days (i <3 otos) but now i'm starting to see green algae :|

Otos are great for keeping the glass algae free and especially plant leaves. They are just one part of my cleanup crew however. I also have a bristlenose pleco in one tank as well as SAEs in a couple of others. I move the SAEs from tank to tank depending on where they are needed most. I have ramshorn and Malayan trumpet snails in a few tanks as well. All do a great job.

Back
Top Bottom