New Pleco

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Skai

Aquarium Advice Freak
So I just got a new pleco in my tank. L-137 for everyone who's savy to plecos... although I'll admit I've run into three different plecos under that number while looking it up. Blue Eyed Red Fin, Candy Stripe, and Violet Bruno... Is there a site where the official list of the L numbers are so I can verify? He's definitely not a Candy Stripe he just does not have the bright yellow stripes so I'm thinking that source is wrong. Anyhow, he's very lovely and since he's the only algae eating fish in the tank he has free access to all the algae and the drift wood and anything else he might want to munch on. This is the largest Pleco I've ever dared get and since I have him in the 125 gallon he should hopefully be nice and happy for a good long time.

PICTURES!!!

Sorry it's not the best picture in the world but it's hard to get good pictures of this guy right now as he's finding all the hidey holes. I'll try to get better pictures of him when he moves closer to the front of the tank. (shoulda gotten pictures while he was all exposed earlier, oh well)

Attachments

• IMG_0002.jpg
    IMG_0002.jpg
    200.4 KB · Views: 96
He/She moved to a much better spot for pictures! Like I said... no way is this a 'Candy Stripe'. The Blue Eyed Red Fin is a much more likely positive id. And I trust my LFS to have the correct L number on their tags. (the fact that they even knew about L numbers and what they meant and why they exist was reassuring to say the least)

Attachments

• IMG_0005.jpg
    IMG_0005.jpg
    224.8 KB · Views: 138
  • IMG_0004.jpg
    IMG_0004.jpg
    215.5 KB · Views: 104
Try planetcatfish for good photos for Id if plecos. The site has every L number for plecos and C numbers for corys etc. Very useful

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Try planetcatfish for good photos for Id if plecos. The site has every L number for plecos and C numbers for corys etc. Very useful

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Mm, thank you for the site. They're definitely listing it as a blue eyed red fin, which was what I was thinking my new algae eater was. Site does indeed have loads of information on it and is very helpful.

Pretty pleco!

Fishobsessed7

Money Can't Buy Happiness, But It Can Buy Fish Which Is Pretty Much The Same Thing

Back
Top Bottom