new rainbows (FW) and pygmy angel (SW)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

newfound77951

Aquarium Advice Addict
Had a good day at the LFS yesterday, got some nice Tonga branch rock for the SW tank, did manage to refrain from buying more plants (no room) although they had some nice Rotala wallichi and Crypt spiralis that was tempting. What I did get:

Pygmy angel, last fish for the SW tank. The 6 line started to harass the angel as he did with the gramma and the angel bit back.....the wrasse finally met his match! Within 5 minutes the angel was chomping away at the LR, happy as a clam. Awful cute little guy.
P1040275.JPG
P1040276.JPG

For the FW tank, got three new rainbows, one Praecox and two that I haven't figured out yet, I think they are a Glossolepis sp. but not sure which one? Gorgeous orange color, very iridescent, almost looks like my orange zoos under the actinics! All three schooled right in with the turquoises right away.

P1040279.JPG

P1040283.JPG

P1040285.JPG

P1040293.JPG

P1040295.JPG

P1040300.JPG

Very nice looking fish. Keep an eye out on the angel as a nipper of corals. Hopefully it wont but IMO they are prone to do it.

I know I am taking a little bit of a chance on the angel. There is a lot of micro algae for him to graze on in the tank, and there were some polyps in the tank with him at the LFS that were not being bothered. He took one nip at the feather duster, who zipped back into his tube so fast that it scared the angel, and he hasn't looked at it since (the duster is a lot bigger than the fish, too). We'll see; I wanted a fish that would pick at the LR since I have a bit of algae, also needed something small, and something feisty enough to stand up to the wrasse, and the angel seemed to fit all bills.

Back
Top Bottom