new RBTA and FTS

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mandown123

Aquarium Advice Freak
well I finally got the RBTA. it looks really good so far and is eating and comfy in its spot.

my female clown is curious and playing with it a little bit only 1 day after acclimation. good sign i think considering tank bred

Attachments

• DSC01969.jpg
    DSC01969.jpg
    120.1 KB · Views: 70
  • DSC01970.jpg
    DSC01970.jpg
    135.1 KB · Views: 75
  • DSC01973.jpg
    DSC01973.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 81
You won't know if it's comfy for several more days or even weeks. They do tend to wander a bit till they've foound their spot. Don't overfeed it either. Looks great in the tank.

thanks cmor. i fed it a lil mysis and it took it greedily. he also did spread out a lot so i had to move the frogspawn. also montipora looks awful close. should i break it off and glue someplace else?

I would wait a couple of weeks to see if it decides to move first. With my luck I would move the coral and the anemone would follow it...

Very nice coloring! I agree with Cmor...leave things as they are for a little while. Mine followed a coral just like Cmor said. After a few days to a week it will find a happy spot.

I can't offer any better advice than what's been given, but wanted to say that is a really nice looking specimen. Good luck with it. :)

Gorgeous!! IME, they will definitely move! Mine sat in one spot for months and decided it wanted a change of scenery. I had to wait, then rearrange the whole tank to get the corals away from it. If your clown ends up hosting it, you probably wont need to feed it anything. My GSM Clown grabs food and spits it into the Nem. plus it grabs whatever happens to float into it. It will get most of it's nutrition from your lights. GOOD LUCK!! I love mine.

I agree...Did the tentacles stretch out like that after you got it or was it like that when you got it? Mine has stayed "bulbed" just curious....Most pics I see of RBTA's and GBTAs are like yours elongated tentacles.

Pic of mine for comparison:
1011483smalltc9.jpg

Mine has been like this since I got it several months ago...I'm not sure why mine has stayed like this and others has not...Just a curious question I had...

when i was thinking of getting one i was researching and it seems no one really know what triggers it to be bulbed or elongated. it was elongated since i put it in the tank but i just turned the lights on like a little while ago (im off today yay!) and they are bulbed as of now. my female clown is LOVING it. she sleeps deep inside with her little head poking out now.

Back
Top Bottom