new residents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

podman1973

Aquarium Advice Activist
after 5 weeks of cycling finally started to put live fish in 8) sorry the pic is bad i used my phone lol:bandit:

Attachments

• spot.jpg
    spot.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 83
thank you 8) we have 2 of them and a lawnmower blenny just glade to finally have live fish in there after so long and so much money. after the tank has been running for 3 or 4 months well starte putting some coral in and see

I love dominos also. Congrats on the new pick ups. Also good idea on holding for the corals for a few months. Give your tank time to stabilize.

My first fish was a domino, he is now affectionaltly called Norman Bates, the psycho. I love him, he keeps the tank very interesting... Congrats on getting things going. :)

thanks guys yea the 2 we have now are a bit psycho they keep the lawnmower blenny i have on his toes i hope they mesh well with the other critters we have planned??? dont want a war zone

lol i can see it they look like they have little mo-hawks, heres a pic of lenny (the lawnmower blenny) :n00b:

Attachments

• lenny3.jpg
    lenny3.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 66
How many more fish you gonna add, and what kind? Those dominos coould be trouble with new comers. I've heard of some nasty ones.

the total number of fish we were planning was 2=dominos, 1= lawnmower blenny, 1=flame angel, 1=yellow tang, 2=clown fish and later a few pieces of coral and maybe a small clean up crew. If need be (but hopefully not) the doms can be relocated to a new home. Does this makeup sound do-able???

They may end up being trouble for each other, but every fish acts different in different environments. Mine is a psycho, but does a lot more tail swishing and shaking at the others. He rarely nips them. 'Course they are bigger or faster than him.

Angels and coral generally don't mix.The tang and clown should be able to hold their own, but I'd still be wary of the dominos stressing a newcomer.

You know, there are plenty that think yellow tangs shouldn't go in a 72g FWIW.

you think 75g is too small for tangs??? rember its not a reef tank (with mostly rock) it seems like it would have good room to move??

I am assuming you mean the LFS talked you into it, and not that you woke up one day with a new fish!

Is that a box fish or a puffer? It is a puffer watch out, it will eat your damsels when it is all grown up!

Awesome I had a domino for about 1 week he disspeared I never found him I think he may have jumped into my cats mouth.

its weird how the "bow front" tanks are a few gallons smaller than normal size ones i would of thought they would be a bit bigger lol

Back
Top Bottom