NEW STUFF Wooohoo!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ziggy953

Aquarium Advice Addict
I went to the LFS today and dropped off a frag of my Acropora Bottlebrush that I got from them. The owner had the same coral in his tank at home and it died on him and I told him I would bring him a frag. What I wasn't expecting is to get anything while I was there.

I picked up 2 AWESOME corals.

1. Superman Monti

2. ORA Hawkins Blue Echinata

I don't have pics yet because my camera isn't at home right now. As soon as I get the cam I will post some pics.

Oh yeah and I got a Chips Acro too..... Tiny little thing but well worth the $9.95 I paid for it.

Pics coming soon!! I promise!

I'm so excited about them. They are amazing!! The Superman is about the size of a dime but I don't care it has amazing color!

Congrats on the pickups. As a freshie, pics will mean so much more to me. :) I haven't a clue what any of these look like, but your excitement sure has me curious.

Now these are terrible pics because I used my cell phone. As soon as my wife gets back with the camera I'll post some better pics.

Here is a very poor pic of the ORA Hawkins Blue Echinata .

A poor pic of the Superman Monti.

Tell you what.....how about you mail me that goodie tray of corals so I can see for myself how nice they are.....Naturally I'd mail them right back (NOT!)

Congrats on the nice pickups! :)

LOL....You got some of the corals from that little tray of goodies...

I wont have the camera back until this weekend so you guys will just have to wait and wonder...sorry

Ziggy, can you tell us non-reefers (that want to learn) about them?

Here are a couple more pics of them. These are still with my cell phone our camera is now in Virginia Beach for the weekend.

sspx0268hy7.jpg

sspx0267ij3.jpg

The Superman Montipora is one of those corals that everyone wants but doesn't want to pay the $$$ for. The Superman Monti is an encrusting montipora not a plating one. Its usually purple to blue based with bright red polyps, that is how it got the name superman. It's not a very fast growing coral and does require very good lighting and excellent water conditions.

The Hawkins Blue Echinata is considered a "deep water" coral. It has a smooth appearance with more tubular branches.

Here is a better pic of the coral from Liveaquaria
http://www.liveaquaria.com/diversden/ItemDisplay.cfm?c=2733+5&ddid=38854

Cool, thanks for the info. Next trip is to your house!

ugh! i was just looking at that Hawkins Blue Echinata on liveaquaria before i came here....****! i want one really bad! lol what are the lighting requirements on that bad boy?

Moderate to high lighting. It's not a coral that you want to just drop in the tank because of the cost. Liveaquaria has them for $99.99 and that's for 3/4 of an inch. It is a limited offer ORA coral. From what I read on ORAs site they started with it in 2006 and have been growing it since but they only sell so many per month. I also want to get the Phils Granulosa that is a cool coral as well.

Back
Top Bottom