New Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cardinal3420

Aquarium Advice Freak
Just got this 30 gallon tank dirt cheap from a guy with tons of extras! Now my debate is to what to do with the tank. I do know i am going to have live plants and am thinking of going with T5 for lighting and adding CO2. Now should i do a pair of discus? Angels? What are your thoughts?

Attachments

• 052.jpg
    052.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 109
  • 050.jpg
    050.jpg
    202.1 KB · Views: 75
Those are pictures also approx 5 hours after setup. Using an Aquaclear filter 10-30 gallons (first time with that brand of filter). Im also using Floramax as the substrate. Never used it before any thoughts?

Nice plans so far. I love a great bargain!

I'd really shy away from discus or angels in a 30, even a pair would be a little cramped when full grown.

What are your thoughts on dwarf cichlids? At 2-3 inches full grown, they'd do great in a 30 and you'd have room for other smaller fish as well.

That's very true I could do some German rams or something. I kinda would like to use this tank maybe for breeding. I just have not made up my mind I guess. I think I need more tanks haha!

Back
Top Bottom