New tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

keldolphin

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi I am new to the aquarium world am very excited. I have done a lot of online studding and have had advice from the pet shops but I would like others opinion on my tank mates?? I have a green serverum, festivum cichlid, read tail shark and a Plecoptera sucker! What your opinion on my mix?

Also I have had a different festivum cichlid for a year and a half with a red tail shark they got on fine but when I got my new tank the festivum developed an group of ulcer on on side. I got some antibiotic and in about a week it healed but he seems unhappy, staying at bottom of tank in a corner and fins clamped. I thought he might be sick still, couple of days later he got a scare and smashed him self into he side of the tank then he was swimming on his side and then back into his corner?? Went back to pet shop and they did not really help. About a week later I noticed another ulcer showing so I got more medication and put him in a hospital tank. His sore is healed but still is at bottom of tank fibs clamped with no real sign of illness. I think It was there red tail shark as he got older he got more aggressive. We gave him away today:(. Does any one have any ideas as what may be wrong with cichlid and if he will be happy again? Still in hospital tank and not sure weather to move him back not his home!!

Back
Top Bottom