New tank 45g (200 litres) setup help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

brew86uk

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi guys and gals I have brought a jewel tank I am thinking about having discus and angelfish a few bottom feeders and I pleco I have a Fulval 206L external filter. Should I out bogwood in tank and plant it well ?? And how long will the take take to set and be ready for fish ??
d10761aa39cfa54d1a59cbb6e031c177.jpg
ef3113c2f2c1fc161971ad7992236236.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is that a 180L tank?
You didn't buy it in the north west of England did you lol?

If its a 180L then I am pretty sure that's about 46G US, I don't think that's an ideal size for Discus (never dabbled with Discus though) however it would be good for 2 maybe 3 angels. Angels would appreciate both plants and driftwood/bogwood

So Angel fish over discus then ??

So Angel fish over discus then ??

Well depending on the size of the tank, Is it indeed a 180 litre? It looks identical to the one my dad sold recently over in the UK which is why I guessed 180.

It's 200L but well could be 180L not sure I am confused what fish to have just like Angel fish and discus because of the colours very Beautiful fish

It's 200L but well could be 180L not sure I am confused what fish to have just like Angel fish and discus because of the colours very Beautiful fish

I guess if I had payed more attention to the title I would have seen that the size was there, oops.

If you were just going to do Angels, I think you could get away with 3, however if 2 of them pair off the third would be bullied. I wouldn't hesitate to do 2, Angels have a lot of presence and personality in a tank. They grow big too, 2 baby angels will look lost in that tank but as they age they will own it.

You could probably do a school of warmer water cory too so that the substrate has a bit of activity, they do prefer sand much better to gravel but as long as the gravel isn't sharp they will be OK.

Just as a note, are you aware of the nitrogen cycle and how critical it is to a successful aquarium?

I had to cycle my old tank but this tank is like 3times bigger then my last tank and this tank has a external filter I used ammonia last time to cycle it

I have a pleco to its about 5'' at the moment

Back
Top Bottom