New Tank and Critters

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

m3drver

Aquarium Advice Activist
Well not a brand new tank but rather a new-to-me tank. A friend was generous enough to give me his entire 90 Gal SW setup.

So in addition to the hardware, I now have a few new critters.

1 Blue Tang
1 yellow Tang
1 Bristletooth Tomini Tang
1 Starry Blenny
7 Green Chromis
1 Clarkii Clownfish
1 Coral Banded Shrimp
1 Purple/orange Reef lobster
5 Mushroom polyps
1 Scarlet Hermit
A dozen or so Zebra Hermits

All are now in the tank including a few fish I had in a 46 gal tank. they are all getting along now but when I was doing the upgrade all the fish were kept in a 29 gal tank so some fins got nipped a bit by the more aggressive Clarkii.

No pics yet but I will post some soon

90 Gal FTS
90_Gallon_Tank.jpg

20 Gal Sump

IMG_5054.jpg

Some pics of my new Critters

Blue Tang
IMG_5042.jpg

Yellow Tang (Hiding - hard to get a pic of him)
IMG_5039.jpg

Bristletooth Tomini Tang ( unfortunately he didn't make it. his belly was distended and was really breathing heavy for a few days until I found him behind a rock on his back )
IMG_5013.jpg

Starry Blenny
IMG_5061.jpg

Clarkii Clownfish ( With his BTA)
IMG_5043.jpg

Coral Banded Shrimp
IMG_5045.jpg

Purple/orange Reef lobster - this is the only time I got to take a pic of him. In the DT he's always behind the rocks hiding
view_photo.php
IMG_5007.jpg

On a sad note on my Tiger Watchman Goby decided to do away with his aquatic life and jumped out of my 29 QT Tank while I was upgrading to the 90 Gal. RIP.

That`s a nice pic of the reef lobster. I have one that I`ve seen maybe 5 times in 6 yrs. Not much for being a centerpiece attraction. LOL

They are scavangers. They just get what`s available. Excellent Janitor. Just dont get one if you are getting it to watch it in your tank. They only come out when the lights go out.

Ziggy Thanks! it took me a little while to get things setup. I still have some room in the tank and I'm going to add some more rocks when they arrive. Had a bit of a diatom bloom but it looks like its starting to burn itself out.

Melosu58 is correct on the lobster. they scavenge what they can. Its a very nice looking lobster but since putting it in the display tank it has remained in hiding. I was only able to take that pic when he was in the QT tank.

SSSWWWWEEEETTTTT!!!!!!!!!!! I've always wanted a saltwater tank but i'm 13 and dont have the money so i'll just have to stick with freshwater. :(

Back
Top Bottom