Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > New Acquisitions
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 10-09-2013, 02:21 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak

New Tank: Aquatop 2G - Iwagumi Style

So I thought I'd show of my new tank (which I am super excited about) to kindred spirits in the hobby.

As you can see from the title of the thread it is quite small, only 2.11 gallons; my first nano/pico aquarium. This is an office tank, so I was debating on the size for a while, mostly between 4 and 2 gallons, as space is limited. I researched nano tanks for about 6months before pulling the trigger, and I'm glad I did, as I am elated with this little set-up. It's exactly what I wanted!

It is now set-up and has been running for about 1 month, with only inhabitant (1 Oto) so far, as I'm still deciding on what fish and/or shrimp to go with.

(4 images uploaded - 4th has been edited slighty, mainly to enhance light)

Specs:

Tank & Equipment:
Aquatop High Clarity Low Iron Glass Cube 2.11 Gallons (7.5" Cube)
Azoo Palm Filer (w/Pre-filer Sponge)
ADA 5mm Thermometer
Archaea LED Clip 17cm (may swap for Finnex Epoch clip-on)
Aquatop Nano Heater 15W
ADA Aquasoil - Amazonia
ADA Manten Stone

Plants:
Blyxa Japonica
Dwarf Hairgrass (Eleocharis acicularis)

Fuana:
1 Otocinclus Catfish (Otocinclus sp.)
Considering: CPD's, Amanda Tetras, Amano Shrimp

So there you have it!

Please feel free to comment and critique. Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image 1.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	250.5 KB
ID:	201762   Click image for larger version

Name:	image 3.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	250.5 KB
ID:	201763  

Click image for larger version

Name:	image 2.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	227.0 KB
ID:	201764   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 4.JPG
Views:	102
Size:	159.5 KB
ID:	201765  

Slavo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 04:43 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Nice setup... I have pretty much the same gear for my 2g aquatop cube. Beautiful tanks aren't they?

Are those GLA wave scissors too? I just got a pair myself and love them.

Anyways... you should probably move this build to the planted tanks section so you'd get more feedback and critiques from planted tank enthusiasts.

Great start so far though!

Old 10-15-2013, 05:18 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Beautiful cube! I've been itching to get one. Looks like a nice clean setup and scape.
Old 10-15-2013, 06:22 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rokuzachi View Post
Beautiful cube! I've been itching to get one. Looks like a nice clean setup and scape.

Thank you! Go for it my friend, you won't regret it and now that other companies are coming out with quality tanks that, IMO, give ADA a run for their money, why hesitate lol

What size & brand were you thinking of going with?
Old 10-15-2013, 06:36 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian_Nano12g View Post
Nice setup... I have pretty much the same gear for my 2g aquatop cube. Beautiful tanks aren't they?

Are those GLA wave scissors too? I just got a pair myself and love them.

Anyways... you should probably move this build to the planted tanks section so you'd get more feedback and critiques from planted tank enthusiasts.

Great start so far though!

Thanks man! I was inspired by yours actually. I was looking for layout ideas and such one day on google images, and came across to what I now know, is your 2g lol and yes they truly are beautiful. When I first saw the tanks online, I couldn't believe HQ Low Iron tanks could be so affordble. Before purchasing mine I was on the verge of getting a Do!Aqua 30cm, but I couldn't stomache paying almost the same amount as the tank for shipping. So this was an excellent solution; overall I'm very pleased.

And yes, those are from GLA and I got a pair of pincettes from them as well. I'm really liking them, but mine are starting to rust I think . Has that happened to yours?

Thanks for the heads up about moving the build, I think I will.
Old 10-15-2013, 06:45 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Yeah Do!Aqua is going to go out of business if they don't lower prices.. same with ADA. I mean there's too much competition that are putting out comparable quality if not better at a lower price point.

There'a AquaTop, Mr. Aqua, and CAD Lights. It's great for the consumer to have more competition out there as opposed to the beginning days where it was pretty much a monopoly.

Anyway... my GLA tools are still good as new. I wipe all my tools right away after use and make sure water is no where in site. Let them dry good. I've learned my lesson on some cheaper quality tools. So its just habitual now to keep them dry.
Old 10-15-2013, 06:58 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian_Nano12g View Post
Yeah Do!Aqua is going to go out of business if they don't lower prices.. same with ADA. I mean there's too much competition that are putting out comparable quality if not better at a lower price point.

There'a AquaTop, Mr. Aqua, and CAD Lights. It's great for the consumer to have more competition out there as opposed to the beginning days where it was pretty much a monopoly.

Anyway... my GLA tools are still good as new. I wipe all my tools right away after use and make sure water is no where in site. Let them dry good. I've learned my lesson on some cheaper quality tools. So its just habitual now to keep them dry.

I agree, until I found Aquatop and Mr. Aqua, I was convinced ADA and Do!Aqua were the only ones out there. Now today, I found out about CAD lights through another post here on AA and they seems pretty solid.

That's weird, I wipe mine as well right after I use them, I'm almost OCD about it lol
Old 10-16-2013, 01:32 PM   #8
Aquarium Advice Freak

So I moved this build to the "planted tanks" section and added a few more pics. Check 'em out.

I'm hoping to add more as I go, so I can share the progress.

Tags
new tank, tan, tank

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com