New Tank Mates

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

boxfishlover

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hey everyone after losing our black boxfish and yellow cowfish we got some replacements a volitan loin fish a porcupine puffer (he was purchased first 2 weeks ago) and a purple nudibranch sea slug for my invert tank he is so cool he swims around and dances its awesome. So far everyone is doing well the lion is eating frozen Mysis which is great.

Attachments

• New livestock 017.jpg
    New livestock 017.jpg
    214.9 KB · Views: 85
  • New livestock 011.jpg
    New livestock 011.jpg
    214.7 KB · Views: 99
  • New livestock 005.jpg
    New livestock 005.jpg
    203.4 KB · Views: 71
How is the purple nudi doing i thougt they were a hard animal to take care of becuse of what they eat, great looking guy though.
And i love the other two they look great in there new home

LION FISH!!!! clowns, lion fish and the french angel are the only things that attract me to SW !!!! OMGGGG MORE PICS OF THE LION FISH!!!!!!

I will take some more pics of the lion fish soon. We named it medusa she or he is doing fine eating PE mysis and healthy. As far as the nudibranch you are right I found out after the fact that no one can figure out what they eat. The place I bought it never said a word about eating ( I should have asked) my fish store buddy told me that he has had no success in finding anything they will eat. He says I will get a couple of weeks and it will disapear. :(

That nudibranch eats a type of sponge. From what I've been able to find, noone has been able to feed them in an aquarium. I really think there should be a legal punishment for selling an animal that can't be cared for.

Also I wish more people would make a stink about it at any LFS that sells them.

Last edited:
My nudibranch died today only made it one week. If I would have known I would have never bought it. I feel bad letting it starve. And I will make a big stink the next time I am at the fish store!

My condolences. It's a very beautiful creature. I can understand why people buy them. I wish I lived near their natural habitat; I would spend some time studying them in their natural enviroment and try and develop an aquarium raised prey or farmed food for them. I have a feeling that might be the only way to stop people from starving them to death.

Back
Top Bottom