Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > New Acquisitions
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 12-29-2003, 07:04 PM   #1
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via ICQ to fishfreek Send a message via AIM to fishfreek Send a message via MSN to fishfreek Send a message via Yahoo to fishfreek
New (used) 75 gal setup

Today I spent most of the day tearing down and helping move a 75 gal tank, stand, lights, rock, wet/dry, skimmer, etc to my house. Here is a summary of what I got.

75 Gal tank
Tall stand (40" height) putting the tank at direct eye level
2 icecap 660 ballasts (one works and one has a short)
4 4' VHO bulbs in a canopy (need new bulbs)
small wet/dry filter with overflow
two large powerheads that have 802 written on them
homemade skimmer
homemade water leveler
eheim 1250 pump
200W ebojager heater
Lots of button polyps and lots of sinulra corals
40lbs or so of live rock

And I paid...

$125.00

Photos to follow this week as I clean up the entire setup. The guy who told me about the deal got 20lbs of rock and a water pump for his commision. He might have scored an unworking icecap 660 aswell but im not sure.

Check out our articles area. 30+ Aquatic articles for your enjoyment
Are you in or around the Shenandoah Valley area? If so click here to join our regional forum.
fishfreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2003, 07:33 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Send a message via AIM to mikezilla
Re: New (used) 75 gal setup

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishfreek
And I paid...

$125.00

i hate you :P

seriously though, great deal. i will look forward to those pics.

Old 12-29-2003, 07:37 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Freak

Send a message via AIM to Zack

very nice
Old 12-29-2003, 08:22 PM   #4
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via ICQ to fishfreek Send a message via AIM to fishfreek Send a message via MSN to fishfreek Send a message via Yahoo to fishfreek
Well the deal kind of fell in my lap. I honestly tried to let some other folks take advantage but the short notice was probably to much for them. The guy had to get rid of the tank no later than today and I found out about the deal on Friday evening.

Are you in or around the Shenandoah Valley area? If so click here to join our regional forum.
Old 12-29-2003, 10:20 PM   #5
AA Team Emeritus

http://www.vafishfreek.com/gallery/v...lbumName=75Gal

Note these photos show the tank with very little cleaning done to it.

Old 12-29-2003, 10:24 PM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

A little insulation on the wiring would be a good idea, from an electrical standpoint.

Did you really mean you did a little cleaning to get it to that?
Old 12-29-2003, 10:33 PM   #7
AA Team Emeritus

Well aside from the hour and half it took to take the system down and the time it took to transport it home I spend maybe 10-15min with a garden hose and a small scraper getting the cyano and lose algae out. The rest is just dried water and coraline in the tank. THe stand needs some wood protectant as well as the canopy.

From what I understand the canopy is at least 10 years old. The tank itself is at least 15 years old.

Old 12-30-2003, 12:27 AM   #8
Moderator Emeritus

This is going to be quite a bit of elbow grease. Are you going to refinish the stand before you set it up?
Old 12-30-2003, 12:44 AM   #9
AA Team Emeritus

Probably not refinish it. Clean the top and the insides with a rag and water and then maybe put on some water sealant.

Old 12-30-2003, 12:55 AM   #10
cj10488

Awesome Deal Congrats.. My friends dad kinda fell into a deal like that but he got a 240gal acrylic for 150.00 that was RR and had all the equiptment except lights and he sold it without letting me know about it prior for 75.00 lol grrr.. he was a FW person and so was I at the time.. Sometimes deals like that come and you gotta be ready to jump on it quick lol

Congrats,
James

Tags
setup

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com