New wagtail platies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fibsog

Aquarium Advice FINatic
i dont remember. let me take my arm out of the tan
Hi guys, so its my last lfs trip for months :( so last hurrah! For the 2g betta tank in my room, i found a 4" mini filter and a betta heater. So, now that my betta tank is complete, Cascade is very lonely. She needs friends! So in went the platies. She loves them! Shes been very active now that the water is up to 76 degrees, and the platies are friendly. Almost got white clouds or tetras but changed my mind. I decided on poecilia genus. Not guppies, added variety, and here we are. Put them in, rescaped, and i love it. What do you think?http://i866.photobucket.com/albums/...2-4573-444B-83B9-70B37CEE0A82_zpsz8i60wub.jpg

Why your last trip? Looks good and good choice not going with guppies. Betta would kill it because they look the same to a fish.

Why your last trip? Looks good and good choice not going with guppies. Betta would kill it because they look the same to a fish.

Ive been going every weekend for the last 3 months, and the only place with fish stores (4 fish stores!!!) is 45 minutes away. We dont go back until I run out of filters. There are a lot. So. Can i change the filter daily? Lol.

Also never change the filter pad. It removes all of your beneficial bacteria. Just swish it in a bucket of tank water when it is dirty. Also 2 gallons with a beta and platties is way overstocked.

Guys, i just went on aq advisor and i get it. So i know what to do for once. My good friend recently got a 5 gallon tank. I think i need to give them to him. Is this a good idea? And to the rest of it guys, im only in this hobby for 3 months. Im new and i have a lot to learn. Im sorry, i hope you understand.

Back
Top Bottom