new yoyo loach owner

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

brothergc

Aquarium Advice Activist
I was at my local Petco and saw a fish I have never seen before . I asked the what these were and was told they were zebra loaches . I bought 2 and got them home.
After doing some research , I found that these were not zebra loaches but Yoyo loaches . ( not that it matters to me )
I just love these little guys , very active and curious . What I find odd is I see them going about my plants like a algae eater . Is this common ?
They are just so cute and happy I got them . :)
I would like to hear from anyone who owns these . While I have googles these fish and their care , hearing from real owners would be a plus . Tips , tricks , experiences and so forth would be appreciated .
Thanks in advance .

Hi, I've kept these for a long while now and love their loachy antics. Be careful as I've lost quite a few young ones from jumping. They are very curious and do best in say a group of 3 to 5 but 2 does work. Never really had them bother fish (although do annoy them!) and I think they were just investigating your plants for any snails.

My older ones can be found sleeping upside down in the morning.

Hi, I've kept these for a long while now and love their loachy antics. Be careful as I've lost quite a few young ones from jumping. They are very curious and do best in say a group of 3 to 5 but 2 does work. Never really had them bother fish (although do annoy them!) and I think they were just investigating your plants for any snails.

My older ones can be found sleeping upside down in the morning.

sleeping upside down ! wow that is cool :ROFLMAO: only had mine for a few days now and they are only a little over a inch long . hoping to keep these guys for quite some time . They are really interesting to watch , kinda like a clown loach on steroids LOL .
So what do you feed your loaches ? they got any favorite foods ?

Anything really on feed - I'll see if I can find the photo. I feed pellets now. Fun to watch them doing laps and figure eights.

Found one shot. New from shop.

Top yo-yo was actually asleep but eventually got woken up by other one.

74564-albums13177-picture70792.jpg

update , could not resist so I got one more yoyo loach , Now they all just having a blast togeather . Fun to just watch them do their loach antics
I found that they really go after Hikari Tropical Sinking Wafers. They just go nuts over them . Even my single GB ram will pick at them , but He is like mikey , he will eat anything ! LOL :ROFLMAO:

update , could not resist so I got one more yoyo loach , Now they all just having a blast togeather . Fun to just watch them do their loach antics
I found that they really go after Hikari Tropical Sinking Wafers. They just go nuts over them . Even my single GB ram will pick at them , but He is like mikey , he will eat anything ! LOL :ROFLMAO:

Words of wisdom - they will jump out. I had a few in an open topped tank. Lets say I now have none. :blink:

Back
Top Bottom