newbie, made a new slate decoration

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
And you can still fit a lot more fish in your tank FYI.

Umm not really sure, def plan on sticking it with more though. Any suggestions??? I mean at night it's like lit with black light.... I def like chill fish If u get what I mean.

Chill and cheap? Lol I normally just walk around petco and petsmart look for sales, google them and if they would look good together and the price tag looks good, hop on it lol

Umm not really sure, def plan on sticking it with more though. Any suggestions??? I mean at night it's like lit with black light.... I def like chill fish If u get what I mean.

Chill and cheap? Lol I normally just walk around petco and petsmart look for sales, google them and if they would look good together and the price tag looks good, hop on it lol

Lol "chill and cheap". That should be a real saying ;).
Maybe some black neons, loaches, hatchetfish, swordtails, black skirt tetras, rams, Cory catfish.

So what fish did you go for?

Haven't gone back yet actually... Def want some Cory's though! Had those in the past and loved em. Maybe some swordtails too.

I'd love to go ham n petco and get a ton but it's kinda a work in progress. Lol.

I'll def keep ya updated when I add anything tho, u get anything new lately?

So what fish did you go for?

Went to petsmart to get a quick water test, and ended up checking out the sales.... All levels were perfect but My pH was at like 7.8 though.... Got 3 Black Skirt Tetras though. Want to get some live bearers, don't really know what kind yet tho.

Also want a few Neon tetras (and a few black neons).... But the chick said I should get my pH down some before adding something as small as the neons.

Anyways, here's a pic of the 3 black skirt's I just added

Attachments

• image-119946638.jpg
    image-119946638.jpg
    209.9 KB · Views: 71
Went to petsmart to get a quick water test, and ended up checking out the sales.... All levels were perfect but My pH was at like 7.8 though.... Got 3 Black Skirt Tetras though. Want to get some live bearers, don't really know what kind yet tho.

Also want a few Neon tetras (and a few black neons).... But the chick said I should get my pH down some before adding something as small as the neons.

Anyways, here's a pic of the 3 black skirt's I just added

Sweet! Just a quick FYI for black skirt tetras, the darker their "skirt" is, the younger they are. And yeah I would also lower the ph down to at least 7.3. For live bearers, go with platys, guppies, endlers, or swordtails. Mollies will get quite big ( 5" max ).

Haven't gone back yet actually... Def want some Cory's though! Had those in the past and loved em. Maybe some swordtails too.

I'd love to go ham n petco and get a ton but it's kinda a work in progress. Lol.

I'll def keep ya updated when I add anything tho, u get anything new lately?

For my 55g, I got 15 striped kuhli loaches, 5 fire platys, 5 sunset platys, 1 rainbow shark, and a baby catfish.
What kind of Cory do you want?

For my 55g, I got 15 striped kuhli loaches, 5 fire platys, 5 sunset platys, 1 rainbow shark, and a baby catfish.
What kind of Cory do you want?

Thanks for the list of love bearers, it's gonna make the research a lot easier lol.

And about the Cory, I dunno yet. I had an albino a few years back that was great! Lived forever, was chill, got along with everyone... Just a good fish in general. I'm assuming all Cory's have that temperament so I guess I'll just decide on whatever variety will look best.

Ur stock sounds awesome btw

Thanks for the list of love bearers, it's gonna make the research a lot easier lol.

And about the Cory, I dunno yet. I had an albino a few years back that was great! Lived forever, was chill, got along with everyone... Just a good fish in general. I'm assuming all Cory's have that temperament so I guess I'll just decide on whatever variety will look best.

Ur stock sounds awesome btw

Np.

And I really like the bandit, false julii, panda, and peppered cories. They all grow to 2.5".
And thanks, :) It's still a work in progress. This has barely scratched the surface on what I want my tank to look like. :p

Back
Top Bottom