newest edition to the tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hackteck

Aquarium Advice Addict
visited a lfs and brought this today couldnt resist

10003099ig.jpg

Pretty fish good luck with it!!! Hope you can get him in a bigger tank sometime soon, he would sure like the more room.. IMO.

i was told by a couple members i could house a yellow tang in a 55g, with no problem. about the qt i dont have one setup yet eventually i will need one i know

also ive housed a yellow tang before when i was living in new orleans,la , before the hurricane i didnt know they where itch magnets i housed mine for 5 months with no problems

I personally do not think yellow tangs are a ich magnets. I just purchased 3 about 6 weeks ago and all did perfect. I consider PB, regal, achilles ich magnets. I think a yellow in a 55 is fine. I would not put one in anything any smaller though.

yellows are cool.

Hippo I could see being called a ich magnet but not a yellow.

Enjoy.

well if u never know tang got some problem with ich and such, u are missing something from ur reaserch before starting ur aquarium. Jst check out different type of diease from WWM its hard to missing the name of "tang" in any of them.

I have to agree that yellows out of all the tangs are the least of an ick magnet. IMO. You talk about an ick magnet try the Powder Blue or achilles. Not saying that they never would but it will be OK in a 55. By the way nice fish Hack.

I agree they are the hardiest and I've had two and never had an ich problem. That doesn't mean it's not a good idea to quarantine. You risk everyone in your tank by not doing so rather it's a tang or not. That said though, it's a beautiful fish and will do fine in a 55g tank. Good luck with your new addition. :)

I had a small yellow tang in a 29 gallon running a UV sterilizer and he was fine. No problems with ich. Oh and no QT tank either. BUT, I will say this:

I concede and apologize to the Tang Police. After seeing how beautiful this fish is swimming in the new 75 gallon that he's housed in, I understand that it was a mistake to take him on in the 29. He was small when I purchased him but these guys are pigs and grow very quickly.

But anyway, good luck with your yellow tang. It is a great SW fish and should do outstanding in your 55. Stock up on seaweed...

Brenden said:
:lol:
I concede and apologize to the Tang Police
:lol: I retired. No one wanted me around.

Oh...you're not the only one on the force. :lol: BTW I still won't join. The closest I'll get is a Large Tank Advocate...

Oh yeah and I'll still have to submit some photos for proof to the Tang Police that I really did upgrade to the 75 :wink: ...

how offten do i feed him seaweed? or nori sheets

Brenden said:
Glad you are enjoying your new "larger tank". I am sure your tang is.

Yeah, thanks. I can't wait to overstock it with a few larger species of tangs. Like one or two of those Nasos and maybe a clown tang, ooooh or a unicorn! :wink:

Back
Top Bottom