Not eating why?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

j0el1212

Aquarium Advice Freak
My new XL koi hasn't eaten since I got him I thought maybe he was scare cuz my marble was being a bully but I took the marble out of the tank and he still won't eat but he look perfectly healthy why??

This is a koi? Does XL mean extra-large or something else.... how long have you had the fish?

What size tank? What's in the tank? How long has the tank been cycled and what are your readings for ammonia, nitrite and nitrate?

Yea its a extra large koi I had him since tues he in a 75 gallon all the readings are fine. It's mostly angelfishes in my tank about 8.

Some fish take longer than others to acclimate to their new tank. I wouldn't worry about it just yet. And that little bit of hassling needs to be allowed, too. Every time you add a new fish to the tank, all of the fish re-establish their hierarchy. It's necessary.

Hopefully your right thanks he's such a beauty I would hate to lose him!! Thanks.

I just seen him eat a little YAYYYY!! Hope everything goes well from now on! 

He's eating a little but he looks scare and stays in one spot of the tank is their anything I can do?

Yeah, back away from the tank, he's new and you hovering is probably stressing him out some. He'll settle in if you give him a chance.

LyndaB said:
Yeah, back away from the tank, he's new and you hovering is probably stressing him out some. He'll settle in if you give him a chance.

Ok kool I'm stop being a over protected parent lol.

Back
Top Bottom