Oh Baby:)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

travis simonson

Aquarium Advice Addict
My new monster Eheim 2260 showed up this afternoon and I'm like a new father :p The slightly sick thing is, they're twins now. Heheh. As far as I know the 2260 is the biggest canister Eheim makes (and who doesn't love ze Germans?) and is rated for up to a 400 gallon tank. I've got two of them on my 125G planted ARLC tank and have to admit I'm slightly ecstatic :D

This is me with my new bouncing baby Eheim:

Its_a_Boy_170806_x800.jpg

This is my new child next to a five gallon bucket (for perspective/scale). In the cabinet to the right you can see his twin brother :p :

Eheim_170806_x800.jpg

Oh, I simply can't wait :D

Hardcore. I can't get over how huge they are. I think one of your babies is thinking about eating the bucket.

Congrats!

Wow, I think my 10 gallon tank would fit in that thing with room to spare!

Do the specs say how much water is in the filter at any one time?

This could be the start in a new fish trend: filter envy.

They should toss a few of those on Lake Maloney, no?

LOL, you guys are cracking me up :lol:

Each filter holds about 20 liters of permeable media (plus 2 liters of Purigen) so I'm guessing when they're full they hold 2-3 gallons of water on top of that, but that's just a guess. I know they'll turn my 125G over 6-7 times per hour without fail. The first one has been running for about two weeks now and by itself could easily handle the whole tank, but I'm an IT guy, and if there's one thing we love and swear by it's redundancy :D

And Joe, it's not trying to eat the bucket, it's performing some sort of bizarre German filter mating ritual. You can see the red Home Depot bucket playing hard to get. Anyone interested in Eheim fry? :p

You get pick of the litter then Bill :) Do you want males or females?

Oh wait, I'm sorry zacusmaximus has first dibs. I'm hoping the offspring will display hybrid vigor and be even larger than their parents :p

travis simonson said:
You get pick of the litter then Bill :) Do you want males or females?

Oh wait, I'm sorry zacusmaximus has first dibs. I'm hoping the offspring will display hybrid vigor and be even larger than their parents :p

Indeed, I've already imagined the dazzling color morphs as well. You weren't thinking of culling any runts were you? LOL

Back
Top Bottom