olive nerites

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mgamer20o0

Aquarium Advice Addict
neat little snail. these dont breed in freshwater but are amazing for algae control. got some years ago but have set up so many more tanks since then. i dont think ill run out again.

Olive%20Nerites.JPG

the ones i already have i got about 2 years ago. i think the life range is 2-3 years maybe a little longer.

there are many kinds of apple snails. some eat plants others dont. the best ones to get are the brigs AKA mystery snails. they are plant safe but lay eggs above the water line.

i QT everything risk vs reward its just not worth it. off hand i dont know of anything off hand a snail can have that the fish could get.

Well I know goldfish can get some funky stuff from bird eating snail, blah blah blah. But, I do have a smaller tank I cuold use for a while if I had to. Thanks again!

Bird eats snails lol. If there was a snail that ate birds, I would have a hundred of them lol.
But there is a disease the goldies can get (or probably any outside fish I guess) from snails being put in their tank, which has some long process going from bird, to snail to fish. I forget, lol.

well thats news to me. though in normal situations i think thats a rare situation.

well Pirhanas are illegal in cali.... and SDs eat plants lol no worries from me there lol though its just a example.

Back
Top Bottom