One of those unbelievable deals just fell in my lap!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

phishfriend

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hey all!

Thought I would share this. I'm pretty excited! About a year ago I was given a free 75gal setup complete. Which I couldn't believe I got. I just not a lucky guy. Never won a raffle or a great door prize. That kinda thing. So get this! Tuesday I get a text from a guy I'v never met but know of because we're in a local fish grp. Well, after talking I come to find out his living arrangements have changed. Forcing him to downsize he setup and he would like to trade his 125 gal tank, stand and lids for my 75 tank only in an even swap! I couldn't believe it. I'v seen recent videos of the setup running and we'll maintained.

So, I broke down the 75 last night and we are swapping this evening. Can't believe! I'll post some pic's tonight after I get it up and running!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Hey all!

Thought I would share this. I'm pretty excited! About a year ago I was given a free 75gal setup complete. Which I couldn't believe I got. I'm just not a lucky guy. Never won a raffle or a great door prize. That kinda thing. So get this! Tuesday I get a text from a guy I'v never met but know of because we're in a local fish grp. Well, after talking I come to find out his living arrangements have changed. Forcing him to downsize he setup and he would like to trade his 125 gal tank, stand and lids for my 75 tank only in an even swap! I couldn't believe it. I'v seen recent videos of the setup running and well maintained.

So, I broke down the 75 last night and we are swapping this evening. Can't believe it! I'll post some pic's tonight after I get it up and running!

Well its up and running! Hope to get it planted 2mrw

Attachments

• 1391845147908.jpg
    1391845147908.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 141
How exciting! Some people must just save up their luck so they can spend it all in one blow. :lol: lol. Can't wait to see it up and running!

Nice deal. I guess it pays to be part of these kind of clubs. Hope you enjoy the new tank and the extra livestock you can add to it.

It's a local facebook group. Two actually! And with both being less the a year old and one less then 3 month's. They have both instantly formed low cost buy/sell/trade marketplaces for used equipment and fish stock. Plus, members are posting local info on deal, events, hidden gem hobbiest breeders. What the LFS has stocked. Just saw something on craigslist etc. in a real time info pipeline. Everyone should join a local aquatic hobby facebook group and If there isn't one. Make one. Its free and its refreshing to talk "fish" to people that don't thing you've gone over the deep end! Lol

Ok got the tank planted! At least the first plantings done. Lol! Here are a few pics! A bit cloudy but it will clear.

Attachments

• 1391918560187.jpg
    1391918560187.jpg
    126.6 KB · Views: 155
  • 1391918576155.jpg
    1391918576155.jpg
    154.5 KB · Views: 148
Back
Top Bottom