ORA Red Planet

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ryshark

Aquarium Advice Addict
I picked this up yesterday. They had 2-Red Planets at the LFS for over 2-weeks, so he came down a little bit on the price. Plus I think they actually lost a little bit of color while at the LFS. Hopefully I can color it back up some. They are pretty expensive, I guess I just became a sucker for all of the hype.

Attachments

• IMG_1647.jpg
    IMG_1647.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 143
wow that is a really nice looking frag though. Congrats on the new pick up. Keep us posted on how it does

Here are a couple better shots of it. If I knew what I know now, I would have bought a better camera.

Attachments

• IMG_1654.jpg
    IMG_1654.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 140
  • IMG_1657.jpg
    IMG_1657.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 136
That's nice.
All those new ORA releases are really nice...but really expensive too. My LFS had the ORA Bellina, about a 1.5" frag for $80.

I have yet to pick up the Red Planet. I had one on hold for a while at my LFS but let it go. The 2 he had there were almost 4" tall and were $120 each. Things got tight and I had no choice but let it go.

I try and keep track of all their new stuff but it's hard as I have yet to find a site that actually lists all their corals. Even their site doesn't show all the stuff I have seen.

Awesome coral though, and it is on my list of "will have".

Do you have a site that list most of the new ORA releaseas? I havn't been able to find much and i would like to see what new stuff they put out

I dont think there really is a site, I don't know why they do not update their own website to show all the stuff they have available.

From an RC post, the Oct. list of ORA corals.

ORA Borealis Acro
Bellina Acro
Red Planet Table
Blue Voodoo Stag -
Plum Crazy
Supernatural Capricornis
Purple Plasma Stag
Oregon Tortuosa
Verde Acropora
Pearlberry
Hawkins Blue Echinata
Phil’s Granulosa-
Orange Capricornis
Purple Capricornis
Spongodes
Bali Slimer
Chips Acropora
Roscoe’s Blue Acropora
Anacropora
Green Damicornis
Pink Damicornis
Pink & Green Damicornis
Green Stylophora
Green Birds Nest
Pink Birds Nest
Hyacinth Birds Nest
Elkhorn Montipora-
German Blue Polyp Digitata-
Orange Digitata-
Neon Green Digitata-
Blue Millepora-
Nathan’s Green Millepora
Australian Delicate-
Miami Orchid-
Indo Purple Tip Stag
Scripps Green Tip Stag-
Stuber Staghorn (Heirloom coral)-
Tri –Color Valida
Marshall Island Yellow Fuzzy
Marshall Island Blue Bottlebrush

noooo... that would be too logical and be good for business why would they do something silly like that.

It would be nice if they did, but they don't sell directly to the public so I don't think it would be any advantage to them. There are enough people willing to put out $80-$90-$100 for small frags as it is. Their stuff is very nice, but IMO & IME you can get corals just as nice from local reefers/local club members for a fraction of the price.
I don't have a coral in my tank that cost me more than $40. The ORA Oregon tort frag I got at a swap cost me $12.50 (frag were 2 for $25). The ORA green millie I got from Sanjay cost me a frag of pink zoa's. :)

Yeah i will say that in my limited experience with frag swaps that there were awesome deals for very nice coral. We don't have to much of that going on by where i live though which really stinks.

I agree that there corals are expensive but I believe they are worth the extra cost. They are several generations out of the ocean and they are very healthy/hardy. I have several ORA corals that I purchased at my LFS. I also have frags of other ORA corals that I picked up by accident in the $9.95 section. I totally agree that supporting frag swaps and local reefers is the best option, but I think any company that aquacultures their corals is a very good 2nd option.

Back
Top Bottom