Panda Cories, finally!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Devilishturtles

Aquarium Advice Addict
Picked up 4 panda cories and 6 neon tetras for my 10 gallon yesterday. I've been looking all over for panda cories but could never find any, and if I did, they were around $7-$8 a piece and I just didn't want to spend that much. So I found them for $3.99 at petsmart last night and picked them up. :)

So far, they all keep hiding...I assume they'll get more adventureous as they spend more time in the tank, right? Can someone who has them chime in?

Thanks!

Attachments

• dsc00052__medium__999.jpg
    dsc00052__medium__999.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 29
  • dsc00043__medium__104.jpg
    dsc00043__medium__104.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 38
  • dsc00051__medium__156.jpg
    dsc00051__medium__156.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 42
I had them... and yes... they become quite adventurous. Hopefully you got some better sotck than my Pandas... within 3 months i lost all 6 of mine.

But, yeah, they become quite bold after a while and will give you lots of enjoyment.

Good luck with them

They will certainly get more friendly and active. I had a full grown one with two albinos then moved him into a tropical tank I set and bought two TINY TINY ones. They both died so I went and got my money back and bought one more from a new shipment. He was just as small and I did not see him for almost two weeks. When he did emerge, he had doubled in size and now chases the Yo Yo's all over the place!
Lol! Good luck!

They are so cute and small. They will become more outgoing once they are used to their homes. They are such cute little cories. Congrats.

I love Pandas but I didn't at first. They were a little to "sulky" for me and hid all the time. But that changes once they get used to your tank and now mine are really active especially in the morning and evening.

Pandas are like cats. You buy them as little kittens and they are so cute. Then they actually get pretty big (5cm) but they are still cute and you feel good that they are doing well. Plus they really come out at night and go mental which I like.

I've had Pandas die too (the only fish Ive had die) but in my experience the ones left over are pretty damn tough. My big survivor is "Tony". I named him after Tony Sapprano (TV show) since he's like the big brother to the other Pandas, tough as nails but kinda has a soft heart. He keeps other fish from picking on them.

Back
Top Bottom