pH chemicals

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NATFT

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi all
When adding pH up/ down to your water how long do the affects last. Say I get me pH to 7. How long will it remain at 7.
Does anyone have any secrets to naturally lowering pH?
Thanks in advance :)

Hi all
When adding pH up/ down to your water how long do the affects last. Say I get me pH to 7. How long will it remain at 7.

In all honesty ... unless you have a VERY high or VERY low pH and you have very sensitive fish ... don't worry about pH. Most fish in this hobby will adjust to your tank's pH. The trick is to properly acclimate your fish ... I highly recommend drip acclimation.

Avoid using chemicals to adjust pH. In general, to lower pH, add some DW or Peat (to your filter). To increase pH, add some crushed corals and or Limestone / Marble rocks. These two natural methods should keep your pH more stable longer than constantly adding chemicals.

Hi all

Why I was told is that water from tap has gasses that have high ph which is where your problem could come from. And I was told aeration helps lower PH.

Back
Top Bottom