Pic's of new additions + powder blue tang questions?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NewInTown

Aquarium Advice Activist
I just picked this guy up about a week ago. he was very skinny and his color was bad. I know, why did i buy it. I felt bad for him and figured I could save him.

My question is what should I feed him? I have been feeding him mysis+brine shrimp, frozen cyclop-eeze, and dryed seaweed
he eats very well. should I be using any supplements?

His color came back in about two days. I think he likes his new home

Attachments

• ptang.jpg
    ptang.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 38
  • ptang.jpg
    ptang.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 60
I picked this guy up at the same time. He is impossible to get a good pic of

Attachments

• newfish.jpg
    newfish.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 51
What size tank do you have? He looks pretty good but they are notorius ick magnets so be careful.

He is in a 58 gal. I have a 90 on stand by if need be. I know the tank is a little small but he is only about 3.5" I'm building a house in about 8 months and
I'm planning on setting up 300+ gallon reef

You`ll need every bit of the big tank for him. 58 is way too small. Watch out for the ick!!!

Looks pretty good. food selection is fine and is close to what I feed mine. I would skip the brine shrimp though as it has little nutritional value( kind of like feeding twinkies). I also give mine a pellet called Spectrum THERA + and frozen green life line.

Agree the 58g is too small long term. The 300g will be ideal and the 90g will be fine as that is what I have mine in. Not sure what other fish you have now. I would not add anything else in the 58g and watch for the ICH as previously warned.

Did you get a good deal?

I know the 58 is small but I figure it was better than the 20 he came out of. I have got my fingers crossed on the ick thing. I can Qt all the fish in a moments notice and I have a uv sterilizer If need be.

just in case, If I have to Qt him what kind of chemical treatment would you recommend?

current fish list in that tank are one flasher wrasse, and two perk clowns.

Hopefully the UV light is running now as to eradicate free swimming parasites now.
I have heard that Hypo is the way to go esp that it is a chemical free process.

Back
Top Bottom