Plants

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nalqadah

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have several plants in my 15 gallon aquarium, couple of guppies an school of neons, shrimps & 2 zebra loaches. Light 21 w 7000 Kelvin. I'm adding daily liquid CO2 as per dose recommend, weekly liquid fertilizer. The Java moss is doing well but other plants start melting after 2 to 3 weeks. Any help?

What exact light?
Height of tank?
No such thing as liquid CO2. Seachem Flourish Excel? How much?
What liquid fertilizer and how much / how often?
What other plants are melting?
pH?
kH?
gH?
Water change schedule?

What exact light?
Height of tank?
No such thing as liquid CO2. Seachem Flourish Excel? How much?
What liquid fertilizer and how much / how often?
What other plants are melting?
pH?
kH?
gH?
Water change schedule?

Light: led type 21 watt/7000 kelvin
AF carbon boost/liquid or so called CO2 1ml/daily
Reeflowers fertilizer 2 ml
Flourish / potassium 2ml 2-3 times/week
pH : 6.5-7
KH/gH : U/A
Weekly 30% change
Aquarium: 60cm W/45cm H/30 cm L
IMG_9991.jpg

Looks like the java ferns and moss are doing well. With your current dosing they should be doing well.

The other plants look like recent purchases? Helanthium spp. to my eye. They need to be planted into substrate. Looks like very large rocks? or is there some finer material underneath those stones?

Looks like the java ferns and moss are doing well. With your current dosing they should be doing well.

The other plants look like recent purchases? Helanthium spp. to my eye. They need to be planted into substrate. Looks like very large rocks? or is there some finer material underneath those stones?

The Java moss attached to the draftwood wood are doing very well. The Anubis also attached to it but not so much success. The remaing are Amazon sword and some others I'm not so much familiar with names. The bottom is layer of big gravels nothing else (as per shop I can plant the plants without substrate).

The Java moss attached to the draftwood wood are doing very well. The Anubis also attached to it but not so much success. The remaing are Amazon sword and some others I'm not so much familiar with names. The bottom is layer of big gravels nothing else (as per shop I can plant the plants without substrate).

Swords really should be planted into a substrate of sort. They might work for you though.

I don't see any anubias in the photo? It should be growing well. I don't see any obvious signs that you are doing anything wrong in terms of light / fertilizer / plants

Swords really should be planted into a substrate of sort. They might work for you though.

I don't see any anubias in the photo? It should be growing well. I don't see any obvious signs that you are doing anything wrong in terms of light / fertilizer / plants

Then why they are melting? This pictures were taken today morning
IMG_0204.jpgIMG_0207.jpgIMG_0206.jpg

Nothing you can do, trim away the melting parts, keep up with lighting and fertilizer and hope they grow ;)

One thing I did today don't know if it will help or no, I removed the activated carbon part from filter media, thought maybe it's absorbing any CO2 or fertilizers. Is it good idea?

One thing I did today don't know if it will help or no, I removed the activated carbon part from filter media, thought maybe it's absorbing any CO2 or fertilizers. Is it good idea?

Carbon has no effect on fertilizes or CO2.

You aren't using CO2 anyway. The liquid product you are dosing is likely a glutaraldehyde source, which is a "carbon source" but not CO2. It's an algaecide that breakdowns algae and protein films on plant leafs allowing them to better utilize the CO2 that is naturally dissolved from the atmosphere.

Back
Top Bottom