Platys

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

redsea

Aquarium Advice Addict
I went to petsmart today and got a male and a female platy! I was very impressed by the worker's knowledge, and how healthy the fish were. I would expect much less from a big box store.

Attachments

• image-2761251259.jpg
    image-2761251259.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 92
Unfortunately I have no experience with them. But I know they're livebearers so it shouldn't be too difficult!

Still doing well. I feel bad because my flash accidentally went off in the second picture. Will that harm their eyes?

Attachments

• image-1052870079.jpg
    image-1052870079.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 82
  • image-3790160387.jpg
    image-3790160387.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 91
Their eyes will be fine. Congrats! How big is your tank? With platys, it is better to have 2-3 females for every male. The males chase the females around like crazy!Your girl will be happier if there is another girl in there. Also, I concur with bruinsbro. Add water and platys will breed!

I have 7 Platys. Only one male though. We had 2 more but this male didnt seem to like the idea of any other males in the tank so he always tortured them until.. well, they didnt make it. But he makes his rounds with his lovies, and everyone is happy as a lark

Back
Top Bottom