Please help newbie :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

burrhubb

Aquarium Advice Regular
I'm currently doing a fish less cycle. It's been up and running for a week now. I have used tetra 6 in 1 to test my water. I have heard these are a waste of time and they give false readings. Although when I went to aquatics centre near by they tested my water and it was the same results. So for time being I will stick to these but change later on. Right when I enquired at the shop the things I needed to get my water ready for fish they have given me stress coat and nutrafin cycle. So as directed on bottle I added nutrafin over three days and stress coat only the once. I was then told I could put my fish in. However when I tested the water these are my readings

No3 between 50 -100
No2. 1
Gh. 16
Kh. 7.6
Ph. 7.2
Cl2. O

The no3 has gone up it was 50. No2 was 0 yesterday as well. Please help. What do I do next? If water change is needed do I add any treatment to the new water?? It's a 90litre tank. Thanx in advance I need it haha :)

I need help!!! Cycled tank readings nitrite 0 ammonia 0 nitrate 20 added betta 2 shrimp and a few days later a long nosed snail. I do 2 30%w/c a week and reading are nitrite 0 nitrate 20 and ammonia 0.25 why do I have traces of ammonia can some one help me? btw all inhabitants are showing no sign of stress/illness eat well and seem happy.

Back
Top Bottom