Please identify

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kazpar7

Aquarium Advice Newbie
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1411841033.774880.jpg

Can someone identify my fish please? :)

Pic attached

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I'm new to this forum. That was very quick, thank you! One more question, all my other small fish swim around the tank. The guppy do as well but like to spend a lot of their time in one top corner of the tank. Is this normal?

Guppys are top swimmers so yes. Welcome to AA.

Is your tank cycled? And are try doing anything else that is concerning behavior?

Yeah I believe it is fully cycled. Treated the water and left it in the tank for 4 days, let the temperature adjust and even got the water pH tested. They swim around at times but mainly tend to stay in this one corner :S

My black neon tetra are swimming around well

Guppys are just normally top swimmers. You'll want to test your ammonia and nitrates to make sure your tank is fully cycled.

But guppies normally swim around the whole tank. It probably something with ammonia, nitrates, or nitrites

Thanks for the responses. I've noticed that they swim around normally when no one is sitting on the sofa that is right next to the aquarium. When sat anywhere else, the guppies swim normally.

Is that a normal characteristic? Also, take into account that they've only been with me for just under 48 hours.

Also, there is a light in my tank. For how many hours a day should I leave it on for the fish? I read somewhere 8-10 hours a day, so I've been leaving it on from 4pm to midnight.

Back
Top Bottom