Please welcome Tatsu

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DragonFish71

Great white snark
Tatsu is our new Prehistoric Dragon goby that now resides in our 80g brackish. He is a bit camera shy, preferring to curl up with his marimo ball.
His name is the generic term for Japanese dragons.

Attachments

• tatsu1.jpg
    tatsu1.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 90
  • tatsu2.jpg
    tatsu2.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 73
  • tatsu3.jpg
    tatsu3.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 113
Wow, really cool. If i were you i would make a cave in the back or something in the back. These dragon gobies are hiders, the need a dark cave to have shelter in. So i would make a small cave behind the dragons or something. Because if he is curling around the balls it sounds like he is looking for a place to hide and trying to get rid of the light. JMO.

Awesome fish though.

Wow, really cool. If i were you i would make a cave in the back or something in the back. These dragon gobies are hiders, the need a dark cave to have shelter in. So i would make a small cave behind the dragons or something. Because if he is curling around the balls it sounds like he is looking for a place to hide and trying to get rid of the light. JMO.

Awesome fish though.

He's already made himself a cave under the dragon bubblers! lol
He dug a cave out under one of the zebra rocks, which made the rock fall in some, which made me nervous. I filled it back in and he made his new one under his newest best friend, another dragon ;) But I am working on an idea for a cave in the front where I won't get nervous with him digging.

He's already made himself a cave under the dragon bubblers! lol
He dug a cave out under one of the zebra rocks, which made the rock fall in some, which made me nervous. I filled it back in and he made his new one under his newest best friend, another dragon ;) But I am working on an idea for a cave in the front where I won't get nervous with him digging.

Ok, You do know this is a site were you are suppost to give advice right? Because i try to give you advice on what i know and you fixed it or already planned to fix it before i give it to you. :tgv:

Any picks of him in his cave? Also you might want consider taking the dragons out and balancing them on a pair of slate rocks and leave a little tunnel are for him to dig under so he does not topple the dragon on top of himself.

Lol, a dragon digging under a dragon.

Any picks of him in his cave? Also you might want consider taking the dragons out and balancing them on a pair of slate rocks and leave a little tunnel are for him to dig under so he does not topple the dragon on top of himself.

Lol, a dragon digging under a dragon.

I only have a few pieces of black slate and they're small. They
re left over from doing our 40. Making small caves for the rams. I think the biggest piece is around 3 inches. I was thinking about maybe some egg crate stuff.

Finally lol. Tatsu is s-w-e-e-t!!! How's he likin the brackish water?

He's loving the brackish. When we released him into the tank he took a large gulp, laid there for a minute then went exploring. His favorite spots: under a dragon or curled around a marimo ball. *lol*

I only have a few pieces of black slate and they're small. They
re left over from doing our 40. Making small caves for the rams. I think the biggest piece is around 3 inches. I was thinking about maybe some egg crate stuff.

I just had a brilliant idea to solve the problem!!!

The terra cotta "dishes" for under flower pots!!! Bury it under the gravel, put my decor on top, he can still bury himself as he wants and no worries he'll get toppled on!!! friggin brilliant!!!!

I just had a brilliant idea to solve the problem!!!

The terra cotta "dishes" for under flower pots!!! Bury it under the gravel, put my decor on top, he can still bury himself as he wants and no worries he'll get toppled on!!! friggin brilliant!!!!

That would work, But are you sure he could still get under them? I just know i would do something because i would be afraid he would topple those dragons on himself.

Where did you get that black sand for the aquarium? What kind is it? It looks very attractive.

It's a little bigger grains than sand. It's called 3M black color quartz T grade. Gotta say, we're very pleased with how well it's doing. The dragon gobys (two of them now) can sift through it without any damage done to them.

That would work, But are you sure he could still get under them? I just know i would do something because i would be afraid he would topple those dragons on himself.

So far it seems to be working. I moved the substrate to one end, placed the bases open side down and covered them up. Then put the dragons and other decor on them. He hasn't made anything topple. Of course, we only see Tatsu about once every 3 weeks. The newer one stays behind the jungle val where we can see him.

Back
Top Bottom