Pleco Diet Suggestions??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hatachimog

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
? Hey guys,
I have a Pleco and have tried cucumbers, zucchini , algae strips (not wafers), and spinach. So far he has just started taking a likeness to the algae strips I put in the tank but only after it has broken down and floated to the bottom or gets stuck in the decorations. Is this the healthiest diet I can feed my Pleco or is there an optimum diet. Occasionally I will give my other fish a brine shrimp as a treat and I think he likes that too. Thanks for your help!! ?

ddc21 Hey guys, I have a Pleco and have tried cucumbers, zucchini , algae strips (not wafers), and spinach. So far he has just started taking a likeness to the algae strips I put in the tank but only after it has broken down and floated to the bottom or gets stuck in the decorations. Is this the healthiest diet I can feed my Pleco or is there an optimum diet. Occasionally I will give my other fish a brine shrimp as a treat and I think he likes that too. Thanks for your help!! dde01
Sounds good, but also make sure he has some driftwood to chew on. Honestly I don't know why, but I just know for sure it's good for them. The pleco will eat whatever he desires, so try every green and whatever he likes, feed it to him!

What type of pleco is it? Their diets vary depending on species.

? Hey guys,
I have a Pleco and have tried cucumbers, zucchini , algae strips (not wafers), and spinach. So far he has just started taking a likeness to the algae strips I put in the tank but only after it has broken down and floated to the bottom or gets stuck in the decorations. Is this the healthiest diet I can feed my Pleco or is there an optimum diet. Occasionally I will give my other fish a brine shrimp as a treat and I think he likes that too. Thanks for your help!! ?

i don't know why i called them algae strips, they are actually Seaweed Wafers, very thinly sliced

What type of pleco is it? Their diets vary depending on species.

Thats' a good question: i got a catfish book from the library and didn't realize there were so many varieties!!
He has polka dots basically on his fins, or you could call them dots, black dots.
And he has really pretty orange eyes.
Any idea?

Back
Top Bottom