Pleco problems

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jimlor123

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi, can anyone help me!! I have a Pleco, and it's eye has ballooned and looks like it popped.. Can someone tell me what or why this happened??

First of all we will need to know what your water parameters are. Is the tank fully cycled. When was the last time you did a water change. What are the fishes tank mates and if you have any photos.

Tanks been running near 3 years so well established. I'll check parameters as soon as. All community fish in there. Will post pic as soon as I get wi fi on phone....

What is your water change schedule?

You say it's a community tank but what else is in there.

Pop eye, which sounds like what your Pleco has, is a symptom of an underlying infection. Do you have a quarantine tank you can isolate the pleco in?

I would recommend large daily water changes and be sure not to overfeed.

There are platies, glass fish, minnows, gold barbs. And 2 plecos. Here is pic of plecos eye.

Attachments

• image-2413645950.jpg
    image-2413645950.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 105
What is your water change schedule?

Pop eye, which sounds like what your Pleco has, is a symptom of an underlying infection. Do you have a quarantine tank you can isolate the pleco in?

I would recommend large daily water changes and be sure not to overfeed.

Can you please respond to the questions?

To me it sounds like pop eye. If you have an isolation tank you should put the fish in that and you could try and treat it with some melafix. But make sure you stick to the dose rate and try to under dose it. Never over dose it because it will cause more bad problems then good.

Back
Top Bottom