Plecostomus.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Craig4531

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi,
I have a 6 year old Plecostomus in my holding tank "Brian" 7 inch, im thinking of moving him to my main tank, is this a good idea?
the substrate he has been with is very small gravel size of match stick heads, my main tank is SAND.
"Brian" likes to burry him self allot and im worried that he will make a mess in the sand and i have plant food layerd under the sand i dont want him to disturb it and effect the water.
Any ideas?
Thanks.:hide:

I have my 10" pleco in a tank with sand substrate and at night he will often come up on the sides of the tank and sway back and forth causing massive craters in my sand from the movement. I don't have live plants but my pleco moves many things in my tank, including the sand.

I agree. Large plecos do move sand, A LOT! I had a 14 inch Pleco in my tank and every time I came home the sand was moved elsewhere. Lol but it just depends. If u wanna put him in there and see how it goes do that but if it doesn't workout move him back to his current tank

I agree. Large plecos do move sand, A LOT! I had a 14 inch Pleco in my tank and every time I came home the sand was moved elsewhere. Lol but it just depends. If u wanna put him in there and see how it goes do that but if it doesn't workout move him back to his current tank

Humn!! Think I will leave him where he is,

Thanks ?

Back
Top Bottom