Possible pregnant guppy? Help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RM1212

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi everyone! This is Rachael and Max. We just joined this site today since we are having some concerns! We recently purchased two guppies about two weeks ago. We were told they were two male guppies. Last week we noticed that the one guppy was chasing the other one around the tank. The one that was being chased has been staying towards the bottom and hiding as much as possible. We thought that maybe he/she was just being bullied, but today when we looked at the guppy, she looked totally different.

I am wondering if he is actually a she and if she is pregnant? I am not sure if the male guppy we have is the one who got her pregnant or if she got pregnant at the store if they assumed it was a male. Looking for some advice on what is going on here! Thanks!

We are at a college dorm and we have the means to take care of her and the babies if she is pregnant, we just need to know!

This was him/her when we first brought them home. (sorry for the lighting)
img_3345141_0_363017481f8dd3380c10785b8cf3bed2.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

This is her today
img_3345141_1_c170fa9404d07246a6e0ec35168c9fcb.png
[/URL][/IMG]

img_3345141_2_deb1e1e61f4b73ddd07a190ad26b0f7c.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

img_3345141_3_dca10779136e9cf8f05cc5001fe940f0.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

that's not possibly pregnant , that's like ready to explode pregnant be-sure to have a separate container for the fry, congrats

that's not possibly pregnant , that's like ready to explode pregnant be-sure to have a separate container for the fry, congrats

Someone told me it's a bloated male? I noticed today that she has been laying on the bottom of the tank and when I tap on the glass she tries to swim up but does it very slow. She's just been chilling on the bottom. She tries to come up for her food though?

Someone told me it's a bloated male? I noticed today that she has been laying on the bottom of the tank and when I tap on the glass she tries to swim up but does it very slow. She's just been chilling on the bottom. She tries to come up for her food though?

Can you see the gonopodium? Have a look in the fish shop for the difference and let us know if male or female.

I was thinking female but got to be upfront and say I wouldn't bet anything on it. Happy to take the consensus.

Just in case - no feeding for a day. Won't do them any harm anyways.

Back
Top Bottom