prego guppy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mouse1989

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
how long do you think she has left?

Attachments

• IMG_1205.jpg
    IMG_1205.jpg
    214.8 KB · Views: 81
Once a dark spot appears on her abdomen it'll only be a few more days

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Right near it's anal fin

she is prego though?? shes got lots of black in her belly, shes been by heater for a bit.. and shes hiding in the plants quite a bit!! also i returned my breeder trap i heard it can stress the fish and kill her and babies.... so i got 2 patches of breeding grass and tunnel for the fry to hide in> that should be ok right? also going to go get panty hose to put over filter for fry!! :fish2::fish2:

I don't really see a gravid spot. Can you get a closer pic that includes more near her tail!??

Guppys are around 28 day gestation. That said if she is pregnant I think she isn't too far in- unless it is just the angle of the pic and we can't see the spot/area

shes pretty big and has lots of black. sry my camera isnt the best. shes been hiding my the filter/heater and swimming up and down on side of tank

Well the black would be a dot not just black on her fin. Early stages it is a red dot- it just darkens as they get closer

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1407120935.143846.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1407120941.343110.jpg

I just googled as only one of my girls is pregnant right now and I couldn't get a good pic

This is the best pic I could get ATM. Pregers?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    136.6 KB · Views: 85
She looks like she might have the spot :) but she doesn't look to big yet. Like they look massive towards the end

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1407121825.703531.jpg

She is still in the early middle stages. You can see the difference in size - she's probably half way if I had to put a number on it

They get super huge. And this pic she doesn't look as big as she is! So I say you have a ways to go

There tried one more time

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    187.8 KB · Views: 96
Okie thanks got her at pet store. Got the most prego one I could my other one is still small but has dark spot by anal fin. Ugh I hope I get fry

You should! The more plants and hides you have the better :) floating ants are great

Back
Top Bottom